Nov 20, 2019
So I got a new cpu the ryzen 7 2700

my specs before the new cpu were

Asus prime b450m-a motherboard

ryzen 3 2200G cpu

Corsair vengeance LPX 8gb DDR4
2 sticks Of ram

Msi Radeon RX 560 4GB Graphics Card

I updated my motherboards bios and unplugged and replugged the ram multiple times to make sure that’s not the problem then I switched back to my old processor and everything worked fine could something be wrong with the new processor?

Nov 20, 2019
Cpu: Ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard: Asus Prime b450m-a
Ram: Two sticks of Corsair Vengance LPX 8gb
SSD/HDD: ADATA SU800 128gb Sata lll and a Seagate Barracuda 1tb Hard drive
GPU: Msi Radeon RX 560 4gb
PSU: Evga 500 Br bronze 500w
Chassis: Thermaltake versa H17

The PSU in only a few months old 8 to be exact and the bios is the newest version 1823 to be exact

Hi,

So you basically put the Ryzen 7 2700 in, install the cooler, press the power button and nothing happends ? No fan activity, no noise coming out of the case, no RGB lighting, nothing at all?

And the display (monitor) is plugged to the Radeon RX 560 4GB right ?, Cause Ryzen 7 2700 does not come with an integrated GPU. Your display wont turn on if you plug it to the motherboard with the Ryzen 7!!!

EDIT: Have you tried with only 1 stick of RAM ? Sometimes the first boot when swapping CPUs my take a few extra seconds!!!

Nov 20, 2019
Hi,

So you basically put the Ryzen 7 2700 in, install the cooler, press the power button and nothing happends ? No fan activity, no noise coming out of the case, no RGB lighting, nothing at all?

And the display (monitor) is plugged to the Radeon RX 560 4GB right ?, Cause Ryzen 7 2700 does not come with an integrated GPU. Your display wont turn on if you plug it to the motherboard with the Ryzen 7!!!

EDIT: Have you tried with only 1 stick of RAM ? Sometimes the first boot when swapping CPUs my take a few extra seconds!!!
You should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is the PSU? Just for the sake of relevance, can you state which BIOS version you're currently on?
thank you I didn’t know that this is my first computer that I’ve built and the first time I upgrade my cpu lol now I know I still have a lot to learn

Reactions: RodroX