[SOLVED] New CPU and motherboard did not improve the performance of my computer

Mr_patt

Prominent
Nov 24, 2020
I just upgraded a 6 year old motherboard and CPU because of problems booting games and my old CPU was sitting on 100% whenever i opned files, pictures, spotify etc...
This problem has not gone away, and i cannot find any solutions.
I cannot play most games that require fast movement, and my computer freezes during the simplest of tasks.

Here ara my specs
Intel Core i7-10700K Prosessor
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F
HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
110gb ssd, this is where windows is innstalled
931gb hdd
geforce 970 graphic card

Solution
I just upgraded a 6 year old motherboard and CPU because of problems booting games and my old CPU was sitting on 100% whenever i opned files, pictures, spotify etc...
I cannot play most games that require fast movement, and my computer freezes during the simplest of tasks.

Here ara my specs
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F
931gb hdd
geforce 970 graphic card
Did you do a fresh (clean) OS install with new motherboard? If not, you probably have a software problem and you may have been able to save your money by doing an OS install on the old hardware.

kanewolf

Titan

Here ara my specs
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F
931gb hdd
geforce 970 graphic card
Did you do a fresh (clean) OS install with new motherboard? If not, you probably have a software problem and you may have been able to save your money by doing an OS install on the old hardware.

Solution

Mr_patt

Prominent
Nov 24, 2020

I had not done a clean OS install. I did it now and it works perfectly. Should have asked on this thread sooner. Thank you