New cpu and problem.

No Luck

Commendable
Feb 2, 2017
Hello so i just got new Intel i5 2500s processor ,after installing it on my H61h2-ad motherboard which supports 2gen and max 65w it worked propertly but today i noticed that in my comnputer there is only 2.99GB ram usable from all 4 that i have im running Windows 10 x64 any suggestions

Solution

That screen shot shows 4GB of memory so all is well. If you want a little more obvious view click on the link "Open Resource Monitor" on the task manager screen you took a capture of and go to the memory tab. The resource monitor breaks down your memory usage a little more plainly. If its hardware reserved it will show up as grey in the resource monitor.

If its showing 3GB with 1GB hardware reservered:
msconfig, boot tab, advanced options, uncheck the maximum memory if it is limited, then reboot

That screen shot shows 4GB of memory so all is well. If you want a little more obvious view click on the link "Open Resource Monitor" on the task manager screen you took a capture of and go to the memory tab. The resource monitor breaks down your memory usage a little more plainly. If its hardware reserved it will show up as grey in the resource monitor.

If its showing 3GB with 1GB hardware reservered:
msconfig, boot tab, advanced options, uncheck the maximum memory if it is limited, then reboot

Solution