Question New CPU and RAM now no signal

Dec 3, 2019
Just installed New CPU and RAM but i have no signal now. My mouse also does not work. All LEDs are powering up and Ram sticks are also glowing so it seems like everything is fine, I unplugged cables and plugged them back in but still no signal.

Dec 3, 2019
Please list your specs :

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

Motherboard: A320M-HDV-asrock

Ram:Trident Z DDR4 3200

SSD/HDD: WD blue 1TB

GPU:1660 TI

PSU: 550? watt i believe

Im not sure what my bios version is because it wont even go to bios, just black screen so i know its doing something cause "no signal" goes away

Which version of the BIOS are you on? You might need a bios update for the new CPU.

lynx1021

Distinguished
Is this the first CPU for this board(New build) or did you have another one in it? 3600X is supported since bios version P5.80
If it was sitting on the shelf it may not have come with the newest BIOS for a 3600X. AMD had a program to help, they would let you borrow a CPU that would boot and then update your bios and then send it back to AMD.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019
So i bought the PC brand new and now just doing upgrades, this is the second CPU going into it along with new RAM. It all worked fine before this, The only thing that was done was a new CPU and new Ram along with a new heatsink. I believe i need a bios update but does that mean i have to put in the old CPU again?