[SOLVED] new cpu bios update?

evnulhossain

Commendable
Oct 23, 2018
I’m on dell precision t5500 with the bios Pheonix ROM BIOS PLUS version 1.10 A06. I’m currently on e5630 and want to upgrade to x5690, do I need to update my bios. If so, what link do I go to?

Solution
thanks bro but do I need to update the bios one version at a time?
Usually not and they will advise if you need to do that. I've never had to with a Dell.

I would not use the last version (A18) though because it will likely reduce your performance. The prior version is probably the best choice A16. You can read what each specific bios update does in the list of older bios in the A18 detailed information.

Like most Dell updates, it is an executable file that you can download and just run in Windows. Just insure that your power doesn't go off during the update.

RealBeast

Titan
I’m on dell precision t5500 with the bios Pheonix ROM BIOS PLUS version 1.10 A06. I’m currently on e5630 and want to upgrade to x5690, do I need to update my bios. If so, what link do I go to?
Probably not necessary, but the bios history and download links is on Dell Support listed by your model and OS. Just select bios in the box that says all to narrow down the list.

RealBeast

Titan
thanks bro but do I need to update the bios one version at a time?
Usually not and they will advise if you need to do that. I've never had to with a Dell.

I would not use the last version (A18) though because it will likely reduce your performance. The prior version is probably the best choice A16. You can read what each specific bios update does in the list of older bios in the A18 detailed information.

Like most Dell updates, it is an executable file that you can download and just run in Windows. Just insure that your power doesn't go off during the update.

Reactions: evnulhossain
Solution