[SOLVED] New CPU caused my computer to not POST

JingLegend

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
Okay so I'm new here and I also don't natively speak english so sorry if it's hard to read.
I bought a new CPU for my mobo because my old one is an A4-6300 which is not that bad because I mostly play League but I still wanted to upgraded it eve just a little bit by buying an A8-7680. It arrived, replaced my old cpu with the new one, put on some thermal paste, properly fitted and locked the stock cooler that it came with, mad sure everything is plugged in, and turned it on, but i got nothng. The led on my case is working, fans are spinning. But the I/O ports are not working so I can't get a display on my monitor.
Tried resetting bios. Reseating ram. But the problem still persist. I think I have either a broken mobo or a broken psu. Also when I boot it up i get no beeps. But if I take out both of my RAM i got beeps that indicate that there is no memory on the mobo. So what can be the problem here? I also think its the psu but this just happened when I replaced my CPU.
My Specs:
AMD A8-7680
GIGABYTE F2A68HM-S1 (rev 1.1)
8GBs of RAM (2x4)
Generic 700w psu

JingLegend

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020

JingLegend

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
I already posted this but I think I put it in the wrong type of thread. Sorry if you see this again.
Okay so I'm new here and I also don't natively speak english so sorry if it's hard to read.
I bought a new CPU for my mobo because my old one is an A4-6300 which is not that bad because I mostly play League but I still wanted to upgraded it eve just a little bit by buying an A8-7680. It arrived, replaced my old cpu with the new one, put on some thermal paste, properly fitted and locked the stock cooler that it came with, mad sure everything is plugged in, and turned it on, but i got nothng. The led on my case is working, fans are spinning. But the I/O ports are not working so I can't get a display on my monitor.
Tried resetting bios. Reseating ram. But the problem still persist. I think I have either a broken mobo or a broken psu. Also when I boot it up i get no beeps. But if I take out both of my RAM i got beeps that indicate that there is no memory on the mobo. When I try to use my old CPU it doesn't boot as well. So what can be the problem here? I also think its the psu but this just happened when I replaced my CPU.
My Specs:
AMD A8-7680
GIGABYTE F2A68HM-S1 (rev 1.1)
8GBs of RAM (2x4)
Generic 700w psu

JingLegend

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
If it doesn't boot with your old cpu like you mentioned, there is a high chance that your mobo is gone

If you lift the cpu from it's socket, do you see any burn marks, bent pins?
I don't see anything wrong like a burn marks on the socket and the cpu, I think I saw one or two pins that are a little bit bent. Can I still fix it or anything?

JingLegend

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
It is possible, try finding a magnifying glass and a needle

If you are lucky you can bend the pins back into place

DO NOT USE FORCE

Good luck mate :)

also:

I was able to kinda fix the two bent pins on my cpu, I took out the cmos battery while I was fixing the pins and after that I was able to place my cpu properly on the socket now. And now I'm getting display and also my usb ports are now working. Thank you!

Reactions: Quanticriver