[SOLVED] New CPU Causing constant reboots.

Aug 29, 2021
Recently Upgraded my CPU and Motherboard. went from a Ryzen 3 2300x to a Ryzen 7 5800x and from a ASRock A320-HDV to a MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk. Ran through all the proper set ups for it all including; downloading windows to a flash drive (even though i didn’t have to use it), using the 2300x to update bios to latest version, and resetting the bios to default settings just in case. After seating the 5800x onto the new motherboard my computer constantly reboots itself. I can launch bios just fine and can sit there as long as i want to but trying to get to windows it constantly reboots. I feel like i’ve tried pretty much everything, but you most likely know better than i do. any help is appreciated.

the rest of my specs are;

Tuf Gaming 3060ti
EVGA 700br PSU
256GB SSD (this contains my boot files)
500GB HDD
1TB HHD
Rosewill water cooler
32GB DDR4 Ram.

Solution
Recently Upgraded my CPU and Motherboard. went from a Ryzen 3 2300x to a Ryzen 7 5800x and from a ASRock A320-HDV to a MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk.
You changed motherboard, then reinstall windows.

Trying to avoid reinstall can result in following issues:
boot mode compatibility - system doesn't boot,​
drivers incompatibilities - bsods, crashes, bad performance (this is, what you apparently have),​
windows activation issues.​
Recently Upgraded my CPU and Motherboard. went from a Ryzen 3 2300x to a Ryzen 7 5800x and from a ASRock A320-HDV to a MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk.

drivers incompatibilities - bsods, crashes, bad performance (this is, what you apparently have),​

Solution
Aug 29, 2021

should i do this with my old cpu in and then swap them?

Aug 29, 2021
No, leave all the upgraded equipment in place and reinstall Windows.
because i couldn’t perform a reset with the new cpu in im essentially wiping everything except my hard drives which contain irrelevant files, and then i’ll put the new cpu in and perform a clean install with flash.

Aug 29, 2021
No, leave all the upgraded equipment in place and reinstall Windows.

Your old Windows installation is looking for the old hardware and because it's not finding it you're running into your current issues.
with the new cpu in my pc is still constantly boot looping while checking for a disk to install windows on.

Aug 29, 2021
When you say "downloading Windows to a flash drive" do you mean you created a bootable flash drive?

Did you specify the BIOS to boot from the flash drive with the Windows installation on it?
yes, i created a bootable flash drive and for your second question, there was no choice as during the reset i specified to have the boot files stored in my ssd wiped so the flash drive was the only option after entering the boot menu. To add, even with windows uninstalled and my computer completely wiped (again except my hard drives) i still wasn’t able to do anything except constantly reboot with the 5800x in. this is with default bios, reseated ram, proper cooling, no windows, and the most recent bios update which was more than enough to make the cpu compatible.

yes, i created a bootable flash drive and for your second question, there was no choice as during the reset i specified to have the boot files stored in my ssd wiped so the flash drive was the only option after entering the boot menu.
There is no reset.
You create windows installation media USB flash drive,
You boot from this USB flash drive and
install windows.
Note - have only single drive connected, while installing windows. Disconnect all your secondary HDDs (physically).

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html

Aug 29, 2021
There is no reset.
You create windows installation media USB flash drive,
You boot from this USB flash drive and
install windows.
Note - have only single drive connected, while installing windows. Disconnect all your secondary HDDs (physically).

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html
i will give it another shot, just to clarify i’m going to essentially detail what my process will be and then you can give me whatever feedback you see fit.

my new mobo is already in with bios updated, so i will simply power off the pc, install the new cpu, power on and go into bios, then set the flash drive as boot priority.

again if there’s anything i should or shouldn’t do here in this step please notify me. i’m at work so i won’t start this for a while but i will give it a shot once i’m home. sorry if i seem retarded with this kinda stuff it’s all new to me.

Aug 29, 2021
Read info in the link provided above.
It explains quite in detail, every step, that must be done.
followed everything step by step still no cigar. just to check, i can set the boot priority to the flash drive and it will still boot from it regardless of if my ssd still has boot files on it right?