New CPU compatible with my PC?

Dec 29, 2018
So im a newbie when it comes to computers, but i have realized that my CPU is really bad, so i would like to replace it with a Rayzen 5 2600, however i am not sure if its possible, since i have heard a ton of bad things about HP MOBOs. All about my PC can be found here https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05330820 the only thing i have replaced is the memory from 1x 8GB to 2x8GB=16GB DDR4 (New one is kingston)

Solution
How comfortable are you removing all thermal paste from the cpu and cooler, then reapplying the paste and reinstalling the cooler without getting any on the motherboard? You'll have to do that to put your old one back in or it'll probably overheat
Dec 29, 2018

Well that is disappointing, but if i would try it out, might it harm the PC or the CPU itself, or would it just not work. Since we in the EU have 14 days time to return the item to the store if it is not suited for us. So in conclusion would you think it is worth a try, since the only thing i lose is time.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
How comfortable are you removing all thermal paste from the cpu and cooler, then reapplying the paste and reinstalling the cooler without getting any on the motherboard? You'll have to do that to put your old one back in or it'll probably overheat

Solution
Dec 29, 2018

Yep totally agree.