Question New CPU cooler now my computer crashes while gaming

Pairohdice

Honorable
Aug 24, 2014
I just installed MasterAir G100M into my acer Nitro 50 rig. Everything boots up fine. Temps are good (better then the stock cooler). But while playing MW, Five mins into the game. Everything powers down.
I'm scratching my head on what's causing it. Could my PSU not be enough. I'm currently running 500w. I don't receive any error codes. Just a hard boot down.
This was my first time really doing such a thing.

Specs
CPU - i7 - 9700
CPU Cooler - Coolmaster MasterAir G100M
GPU - Gtx 1660 Ti
Ram - 16gb DDR4

I just installed MasterAir G100M into my acer Nitro 50 rig. Everything boots up fine. Temps are good (better then the stock cooler). But while playing MW, Five mins into the game. Everything powers down.
I'm scratching my head on what's causing it. Could my PSU not be enough. I'm currently running 500w. I don't receive any error codes. Just a hard boot down.
This was my first time really doing such a thing.

Specs
CPU - i7 - 9700
CPU Cooler - Coolmaster MasterAir G100M
GPU - Gtx 1660 Ti
Ram - 16gb DDR4
It's possible the PSU is at fault but it can't be evaluated because you left it out of your spec list. Brand, exact model and years it's been in service would help. Check all the PSU cable connections to make sure nothing came loose while you were playing with the cooler. I'd unplug the system from the wall before tweaking any cables. Make sure the cooler fan is plugged into the cpu fan header. Are you sure the new cooler is properly seated on the CPU?

Last edited:

Pairohdice

Honorable
Aug 24, 2014
It's possible the PSU is at fault but it can't be evaluated because you left it out of your spec list. Brand, exact model and years it's been in service would help. Check all the PSU cable connections to make sure nothing came loose while you were playing with the cooler. I'd unplug the system from the wall before tweaking any cables. Make sure the cooler fan is plugged into the cpu fan header. Are you sure the new cooler is properly seated on the CPU?

I Bought this system in July.
https://www.amazon.ca/Acer-N50-600-UR1J-Desktop-i7-9700-Graphics/dp/B0845KDTB8
Thats the exact system
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B079K11GNB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and thats the Cpu cooler i installed.
The Power supply is 500watts FSP brand. I had to pretty much take the motherboard out to install in cpu cooler. It all seems to be working fine. My temps are good when just browsing the internet. Ive done CPU stress tests last night, And i was able to make the computer power down. So im able to recreate the problem while not gaming.
So far, the only fix ive found without buying a new part, Is i made it so the cpu usage only goes to 95%. Which has worked..

Update - Ive put in a 650watt power supply. still got the crash while gaming. Ive checked the CPU fan header. That seems to be okay. Only now checking that i installed the cooler fan correctly... which i dont know how to do without taking everything apart again.

Last edited: