New CPU fan for AMD FX 8350

robcob6

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm wondering if there is a fan I can get that's compatible with my motherboard and CPU, where I can just take out the stock fan, and put the new one straight in, without having to remove any backplates and brackets. As in the unclip the AMD stock cooler, and just clip the new one right in.

I'm curious, because I bought a Cooler Master hyper 212 evo, but in order to install it, I have to remove the stock AMD backplate and bracket, but because my computer case is badly designed, I can't access the back without removing everything from the case.

My CPU is an AMD FX 8350
Motherboard is a Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3

Cheers

Solution

The Cooler Master Hyper TX3 doesn't need a backplate.

However, honestly, just take it out and do it. You...

robcob6

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
I have a Vibox green gaming case
You probably won't know it, as it's from a smaller UK computer company. It has about 170mm of clearance above the CPU. I just need a good CPU fan that fits onto the AM3+ socket, so the same as my stock fan, to save me having to remove the baseplate and brackets

The Cooler Master Hyper TX3 doesn't need a backplate.

However, honestly, just take it out and do it. You will be disappointed by the TX3 if you do get it, and you really won't be able to do too much overclocking with it. The 212 EVO is a much better cooler.

Make a day out of it, play some screamo music and break down and do it. There is no need to spend more money and get a crappy cooler.

Hope that helps!

Solution

coacoa

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Go with the EVO 212 it's great for fx 8320.When I instsalled mine I also had to remove the whole motherboard even though my case have hole behind the cpu.You should be able to install the cooler and everything in 15 mins