Question New CPU fans making noise on startup !

Apr 29, 2019
I assembled a new PC recently and the CPU cabinet case came with a 120mm fan initially. Everything was working fine but then within a week or two it started making noise on starting up the PC. The noise sustains for a few seconds (15-30) and then everything goes to normal. Changed power plan and tried settings in Boot menu but nothing much available anyways. Thought the fan was defected so bought a new one similar to that. Same problem after a few weeks. HELP !
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (with stock fan)
GTX 1050 Ti (with stock 2 fans)
MSI Gaming Pro MoBo (B350)
8Gb RAM
Crosair VS450 PSU

Last edited by a moderator:

PCMDDOCTORS

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2015
I assembled a new PC recently and the CPU cabinet came with a 120mm fan initially. Everything was working fine but then within a week or two it started making noise on starting up the PC. The noise sustains for a few seconds (15-30) and then everything goes to normal. Changed power plan and tried settings in Boot menu but nothing much available anyways. Thought the fan was defected so bought a new one similar to that. Same problem after a few weeks. HELP !
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (with stock fan)
GTX 1050 Ti (with stock 2 fans)
MSI Gaming Pro MoBo (B350)
8Gb RAM
Crosair VS450 PSU

Have you checked your cable management? Sometimes the CPU cable can hit the fans and cause a noise if the cables come loose or not tied down properly. This noise can come and go, I had the same problem until I figured it out. Also What type of fan is it? It might not be a good one or have a manufactures defect with noise levels, it could be the same problem with bad batch of fans or a constant problem. I don't think it would be a software issue in the bios or power options. I'm sorry I can't think of more.

Apr 29, 2019
Have you checked your cable management? Sometimes the CPU cable can hit the fans and cause a noise if the cables come loose or not tied down properly. This noise can come and go, I had the same problem until I figured it out. Also What type of fan is it? It might not be a good one or have a manufactures defect with noise levels, it could be the same problem with bad batch of fans or a constant problem. I don't think it would be a software issue in the bios or power options. I'm sorry I can't think of more.
Thanks for the answer but yes, the cables are all good and away from the fan. Also, as I mentioned before that I bought two different fans. 1 was which came with the cabinet and another one after that. I thought the stock cabinet one might be bad one too that's why I went for the other one too. I guess they might be cheap bad fans but what I can't understand is why do they only make noise for 2-3 min and then settle down all smooth as if there is no CPU at all !