Question New CPU for Cyberpunk or don't bother?

JoshDBoyle

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
I have an i5-6600K. It's not overclocked and I don't really know how to do so. In looking at the minimum specs for Cyberpunk, I noticed that I have plenty of GPU for it (RTX 2080 Super) but my CPU may be a bottleneck. My mobo is an MSI z270 pro. Here are my specific questions:

1. If I decide to upgrade my processor and money isn't much of an issue, what would you recommend I get?
  2. If I decide to upgrade my processor, how easy is it to physically do so? Is it as simple as lifting the latches, removing the old CPU, slapping on a couple lines of thermal paste, placing the new CPU and securing things again?
  3. Should I just be looking to overclock my 6600K instead? If so, is there a simple way to do so?

Thanks!

Dec 5, 2020
I have an i5-6600K. It's not overclocked and I don't really know how to do so. In looking at the minimum specs for Cyberpunk, I noticed that I have plenty of GPU for it (RTX 2080 Super) but my CPU may be a bottleneck. My mobo is an MSI z270 pro. Here are my specific questions:

1. If I decide to upgrade my processor and money isn't much of an issue, what would you recommend I get?
  2. If I decide to upgrade my processor, how easy is it to physically do so? Is it as simple as lifting the latches, removing the old CPU, slapping on a couple lines of thermal paste, placing the new CPU and securing things again?
  3. Should I just be looking to overclock my 6600K instead? If so, is there a simple way to do so?
Thanks!
according to pc-builds it should run fine

Reactions: JoshDBoyle