Question New cpu gives black screen in the laptop

Jul 22, 2019
Hey guys I believe somebody will come up with a salution. Thanks already;)
I have an acer aspire 8942g with faulty integrated ATI radeon hd 5850 graphics card which gives a yellow screen. I have tried all the settings and still yellow. The previous owner said he has taken it to pc shop and they said its the graphics card!
The intel core i7 has no graphics card either in this laptop either plus i cant switch it to basic display gpu.

I have removed the old i7 and put a new i3 cpu that has intel graphics on. Its the same socket, i checked the pins and all in place, i correctly fitted it, checked the ram socket properly and everything is fine. The laptop comes on, fan works but black screen, no light at all.
I removed the cmos battery, pressed the power button 30 seconds still the same. I have updated the bios still the same.
Please help me it will be much appreciated as i need this laptop and sick of using it with yellow screen. By the way the i3 cpu is working and im sure about that because i have tried it in a different laptop.
Cheers guys

Lutfij

Titan
We're currently on the 8th generation of Intel's processors and it's for this reason that we ask people to state the model of the processor, not just the series or generation.

You should be looking at a number, e.g: i7-2630M or some such. What is the model for the i3 you popped into your board? Were you on the latest BIOS update for that laptop prior to dropping in that processor?

Jul 22, 2019
We're currently on the 8th generation of Intel's processors and it's for this reason that we ask people to state the model of the processor, not just the series or generation.

You should be looking at a number, e.g: i7-2630M or some such. What is the model for the i3 you popped into your board? Were you on the latest BIOS update for that laptop prior to dropping in that processor?
Hi, yes i have already updated bios before i popped the new processor in. The i3 processor is M 380 @ 2.53HHz