Question New CPU installed, now I can't get into BIOS or Windows ?

Apr 2, 2023
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
Old CPU: Ryzen 7 2700
New CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X

Comp worked perfect beforehand, updated Bios to prepare for install. Only installed new CPU, now it boots to screen saying "please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. When RAID configuration was built, ensure to set Sata controller to Raid mode"

I've never set up a raid so have no clue about that. Have tried using only 1 dimm, and switching slots. Removing all non-boot HDDs/SSDs. Removing boot ssd and using another ssd.

Reinstalled old cpu and does same thing now as well.

Tried cmos clear with removing battery, using screwdriver on reset and doing a combo of the 2.

Please help.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
When ensure to set Sata controller to Raid mode message came up was there mention to press f1 to run setup? Pretty sure f1 gets you into bios and not anything to do with raid setup. Hardware change would do that and it just wants you to go into bios then exit to finalise the change. I think saying raid confused things, it's just saying if you had a raid setup that check it's still set in case bios reset itself.

Anyways, with 5700x in, press f1 next time then exit bios saving settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tac 25
Apr 2, 2023
When ensure to set Sata controller to Raid mode message came up was there mention to press f1 to run setup? Pretty sure f1 gets you into bios and not anything to do with raid setup. Hardware change would do that and it just wants you to go into bios then exit to finalise the change. I think saying raid confused things, it's just saying if you had a raid setup that check it's still set in case bios reset itself.

Anyways, with 5700x in, press f1 next time then exit bios saving settings.

Yes the thing is I cannot enter bios. Keyboard is on, but no response when hitting F1. It shows full details of memory, hdds, cpu. One weird thing is It says 3 keyboards and 3 mice are connected which makes zero sense as I only have 1 of each.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Does your keyboard have an flock key to turn f keys on? It should be working. Don't know what there being multiple k&m is about. Keyboard is usb yeah? Check keyboard connection at back is inserted in very top usb port, i believe these are usb2 for keyboard and mouse.

My guess is that you haven't updated your BIOS version enough for your motherboard to recognise the R7-5700X. The only other possiblity is that your CPU is DOA (which is so rare as to almost not be a thing).

Update your BIOS all the way to ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING BIOS 5003 and then drop the 5700X in. It should work after that.

Apr 2, 2023
Try with PS/2 keyboard.

You get raid message because bios was updated and settings got reset.
You have to return sata controller settings to previous value. Possible values are AHCI, RAID.

The keyboard was the issue. Makes zero sense as it had worked getting into bios in the past. Plugged a 2nd one in and that one worked instantly. Thank you everyone, such a dumb issue.