[SOLVED] New Cpu is underperforming

Feb 7, 2020
I recently got a Ryzen 9 3900x cpu and i feel its been underperforming compared to my old Ryzen 5 1600. My motherboard is a gigabyte ab350 gaming and i've flashed the bios to the latest version, updated my chipset drivers and my gpu and don't understand what the problem is.
Specs:
Cpu-Ryzen 9 3900x
Gpu-Gtx 1050ti
Ram-2x16 gb DDR4
PSU- 750M

Solution
That 1050ti is going to be REALLY holding that CPU back in games. It was better matched to the Ryzen 5. You really should upgrade the GPU. I guarantee that if you upgrade the GPU, you will see a large improvement in game FPS. If you are not gaming, then what are you doing? That could help.

Also, the Ryzen 9 should really by run on a X570 series motherboard, since that is designed for more intense usage, where the B350 series is an older, more moderate motherboard chipset.
I recently got a Ryzen 9 3900x cpu and i feel its been underperforming compared to my old Ryzen 5 1600. My motherboard is a gigabyte ab350 gaming and i've flashed the bios to the latest version, updated my chipset drivers and my gpu and don't understand what the problem is.
Specs:
Cpu-Ryzen 9 3900x
Gpu-Gtx 1050ti
Ram-2x16 gb DDR4
PSU- 750M
Could you elaborate.
In which apps, games and tasks is the 3900x under-performing?
Could you provide stats.

By the way, you should not be running that CPU on that motherboard

That 1050ti is going to be REALLY holding that CPU back in games. It was better matched to the Ryzen 5. You really should upgrade the GPU. I guarantee that if you upgrade the GPU, you will see a large improvement in game FPS. If you are not gaming, then what are you doing? That could help.

Also, the Ryzen 9 should really by run on a X570 series motherboard, since that is designed for more intense usage, where the B350 series is an older, more moderate motherboard chipset.

Solution