[SOLVED] New CPU issues

Oct 2, 2021
Hello, I installed a new r7 3700x on my b350m bazooka, pins all dropped in perfectly, had 0 resistance on the socket, new cooler went in good, everything...I updated the bios to the correct version and for some reason when I power on, it's a solid 20-25 minutes before I can get to my desktop, I've reset the CMOS, reseated the ram, and the processor...if I put the old processor back in, an r5 1400, it works fine...
any ideas?...thank you

Solution
Hello, I installed a new r7 3700x on my b350m bazooka, pins all dropped in perfectly, had 0 resistance on the socket, new cooler went in good, everything...I updated the bios to the correct version and for some reason when I power on, it's a solid 20-25 minutes before I can get to my desktop, I've reset the CMOS, reseated the ram, and the processor...if I put the old processor back in, an r5 1400, it works fine...
any ideas?...thank you
Might need to reinstall or just update Windows 10, W7 and W8/8.1 also have even more problems with drivers, mainly chipset drivers. Latest drivers at https://www.amd.com/en/support
That delay is probably due to Windows trying to install drivers.
any ideas?...thank you
Might need to reinstall or just update Windows 10, W7 and W8/8.1 also have even more problems with drivers, mainly chipset drivers. Latest drivers at https://www.amd.com/en/support
That delay is probably due to Windows trying to install drivers.

Reactions: drea.drechsler
Solution
Hello, I installed a new r7 3700x on my b350m bazooka....
any ideas?...thank you
Not sure how you reset CMOS...so be sure to short pins and as well pull the battery for a minute or so. Then back in BIOS, find the setting to Reset to Defaults and do that too. Do all that with the new CPU in there, of course. It's probably over-kill doing all three but it's that important to make certain any illogical settings for the old CPU are returned to functional defaults for the new one.

First boot will probably be really slow as the CPU trains memory. It may even reboot several times.

Ultimately, a B350m Bazooka isn't going to be a good motherboard for a 3700X as it's VRM is just too weak. Suggest saving for a new motherboard...B550m Mortar or TUF B550m Gaming Plus maybe...to realize it's fullest potential.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2021
Not sure how you reset CMOS...so be sure to short pins and as well pull the battery for a minute or so. Then back in BIOS, find the setting to Reset to Defaults and do that too. Do all that with the new CPU in there, of course. It's probably over-kill doing all three but it's that important to make certain any illogical settings for the old CPU are returned to functional defaults for the new one.

First boot will probably be really slow as the CPU trains memory. It may even reboot several times.

Ultimately, a B350m Bazooka isn't going to be a good motherboard for a 3700X as it's VRM is just too weak. Suggest saving for a new motherboard...B550m Mortar or TUF B550m Gaming Plus maybe...to realize it's fullest potential.
Just bought a new B550 Tomahawk, hopefully that helps some of my issues, I plan on doing a clean windows install and then upgrading my CPU cooler as well...hopefully this fixes my issue...im beginning to think my old b350 just cant handle the new processor even though MSI says it can...we shall see