Question New cpu just for Cs Go

Sep 19, 2019
Hello Forum

First of all my current pc Setup

I5 7400
Gtx 1050 ti
Msi z270 Gaming pro Carbon
2x8gb crucial ballistic sport 3200mhz

Yes I’m getting constant over 144 fps with everything on Low but I want more performance
So i want to upgrade my cpu
First I thought to upgrade to an i5 6600k and overclock but It feels wrong to upgrade to an older generation
So with tears in my eyes I would suggest to upgrade my mainboard

The situation is the following

-Budget: 350 Euro
-I will buy the mb+ cpu not before January

Can you give me any suggestions ?
And again I only want the best out of Cs go.
So i Need not more than 4 Cores (Hyper threading is not needed)
And for Cs Go i think the Single Core clock is very important

And is buying like a used motherboard or cpu save ? (Ebay)
But I would prefer buying new parts

Thanks for all your advice and help ....

Lutfij

Titan
If you're looking at a January purchase, you could easily get an AMD Ryzen platform. The ram kit will love AMD's infinity Fabric as well as the platform in general.

B550 chipset should also be available around January timeframe so you can look at Ryzen 3000 series of processors.

Also, just for added measure, you might want to state your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Sep 19, 2019
If you're looking at a January purchase, you could easily get an AMD Ryzen platform. The ram kit will love AMD's infinity Fabric as well as the platform in general.

B550 chipset should also be available around January timeframe so you can look at Ryzen 3000 series of processors.

Also, just for added measure, you might want to state your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Ok thanks for you’re advice

Why is a January purchase favoring an ryzen build ?
But ryzen has so many cores I don’t need ore am I wrong ?

I thought at an I3 8350k

Is this a good cpu for Cs Go ?

In all honsetly if it wasn't for the stupid price people are asking for it, I would go for a second hand Core i7 7700K, that should give you a good bump in FPS.

The 8350K is not a bad CPU for CS:GO, and you can OC!

Heres a another option:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600KF 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor (€216.89 @ Alternate)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler (€39.79 @ Aquatuning)
Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€106.80 @ Alza)
Total: €363.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-11-19 13:25 CET+0100

Added a cooler cause I don't knwo if you have a good one. You need to make sure the mobo comes with BIOS (7B48v29 (Release Date 2019-04-02) to be able to recognize the Core i5 9600KF (which doesn't come with a integrated GPU).

Cheers

Last edited:
But I’m curious about ryzen cpu
I don’t need many cores
But for Cs Go which processor gives me more fps ?
I3 8350k or ryzen 2700x or ryzen 3600x ?

I only played CS:GO for a few days, not really my kind of game. I honestly can't tell which one is better, but I will give you one advice.

If you want the best-cheap FPS on a game liks CS:GO with Ryzen, don't buy the R7 2700X nor the R5 3600X, get the Ryzen 5 3600 + cheap yet good aftermarket cooler like Deepcool Gammaxx 400, Gammaxx GTE, or Artic Freezer 34 esports duo and just let AMD PBO algorithm do its magic.

Sep 19, 2019
Ok to point out why I’m confused

Cs Go only uses 4 Cores and profits from high clock speeds
Why should I buy an ryzen 3600 with 6 cores (two more then I need) and with lower clock than an i3 8350k who has the 4 Cores I Need and with a Little Bit luck can be overclocked to 5ghz

Am missing something

Im just confused why everyone suggests ryzen when there is a cheaper cpu that fits more to Cs go ?
Am i Right ?
Or do I not understand something ?

For most games Ryzen would be a good option but CS GO cannot use more than 4 cores/threads and does slightly perform better on Intel. It seems pointless going for a 8350k as that requires a new motherboard and will give same/similar performance to a 6600k/7600k especially if you overclock to the same speed. Although it’s really hard to justify a 4 core/thread cpu in 2019 so also consider 6700k/7700k as you will very likely regret 4 threads in the future. If you go with a new motherboard then at least get a 9600k so you have gained 2 cores/threads but even these are being pushed very hard in other games.

If this was general gaming I’d recommend Ryzen but as you specifically only care about CS GO then Intel has a slight advantage.

Ok to point out why I’m confused

Cs Go only uses 4 Cores and profits from high clock speeds
Why should I buy an ryzen 3600 with 6 cores (two more then I need) and with lower clock than an i3 8350k who has the 4 Cores I Need and with a Little Bit luck can be overclocked to 5ghz

Am missing something

Im just confused why everyone suggests ryzen when there is a cheaper cpu that fits more to Cs go ?
Am i Right ?
Or do I not understand something ?

Well if you look at my first post I never said go buy Ryzen in fact I suggest you to get a Core i5 9600KF.

After that you were the one that asked for Core i3 8350K, R7 2700X or R5 3600X. So I said something like: I don't have a huge experience on CS:GO, but If I were to get a Ryzen I would choose the Ryzen 3600 instead of the ones you mention.

Now if you look at some youtube videos it seems last gen Ryzen have come a long way and are in pair to intel cpu for CS:GO (then again, Im not en expert). Here are some sites with info.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/ca6xiu/amd_now_has_the_fastest_cpu_for_csgo_according_to/

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hawJtoQKngM

Ome more thing, even though CS:GO is really light on GPU (depending on the resolutions and details of course, but in general is pretty light), don't forget it can still limit your FPS at some point. So if you overdoo in the CPU department then the GPU will become bound. Building a gaming rig is a work of balance between many parts, specially, CPU+GPU+RAM, but also Mobo and PSU (this last two when you start OCink are very important).

Sep 19, 2019
Ok thanks for the help
Really appreciate it
Thank you
If you want to help me with another problem
There’s another thread I have open :

TRENDING THREADS