[SOLVED] New CPU+MOBO+RAM Build

nikodavidoff

Commendable
Jan 31, 2018
Hello Everybody,

I am going to build a new PC for home use. I work on mostly music softwares, play and convert (etc. Amarra, xRecode). I don't play games. I picked up some parts and I wonder If these parts works well together. Just need your suggestions :)

CPU: Intel i7-9700k
MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming WIFI
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz

*Do I need more RAM frequency than my CPU supports (over 2666 Mhz) or just go for cheaper RAM.

Thank You !
Niko

Solution
Not familiar with that software,but get the feeling that a Ryzen 3600 would do fine for you. Will be cheaper than Intel. For Intel might a 6 core already be fine depending on how fast you want things (like converting files) to happen.
If the Ryzen 3500X can be bought where you live could that also be fine (it is really meant to be an OEM part).

With a cpu and a motherboard like what you mention will ram run fine @3200mhz,which is still a sweetspot in most systems looking at price/performance.

You really need ATX? Looking at the motherboard. Can make nice ITX builds as well and for home use fine,also can look very nice and of course are smaller which might be nice for a pc like that. Maybe storage is why you need/want a bigger case...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Not familiar with that software,but get the feeling that a Ryzen 3600 would do fine for you. Will be cheaper than Intel. For Intel might a 6 core already be fine depending on how fast you want things (like converting files) to happen.
If the Ryzen 3500X can be bought where you live could that also be fine (it is really meant to be an OEM part).

With a cpu and a motherboard like what you mention will ram run fine @3200mhz,which is still a sweetspot in most systems looking at price/performance.

You really need ATX? Looking at the motherboard. Can make nice ITX builds as well and for home use fine,also can look very nice and of course are smaller which might be nice for a pc like that. Maybe storage is why you need/want a bigger case? this last part is just me wondering. ;)

Solution

nikodavidoff

Commendable
Jan 31, 2018
Thank you all for your responds ! I decided to go with these build;

CPU - Intel i7-9700k
MOBO - ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz C16
CPU Cooler - Be Quite! BK024 Dark Rock Slim
Chassis Fans - 1 x 120 mm + 2 x 92 mm standart Thermaltake fans.

I will follow the XMP path to overclock RAMs to 3200 Mhz for smoother system flow. CPU has onboard graphics and mobo has support for it, which is enough for me. For cooling; my first concern is to have a quiet ventilation and stay away from space issues in chassis so I picked Be Quite, also has very good rating on Amazon. I checked MOBO/ASUS support page for RAMs and CPU, they are all tested and works well as they say.

Kindly,
Niko.

nikodavidoff

Commendable
Jan 31, 2018

You really need ATX? Looking at the motherboard. Can make nice ITX builds as well and for home use fine,also can look very nice and of course are smaller which might be nice for a pc like that. Maybe storage is why you need/want a bigger case? this last part is just me wondering. ;)

You are right about ITX suggestion, however I already own PSU and Chassis, I want to utilize them instead of buying news. My chassis is from 2007 :D Origenae 21S, all aluminium, very good looking old gentleman. PSU is 450 watt I believe it is enough power. I always approach to AMD brand with suspicion somehow they have a glitch in my vision, I cannot make certain explanation.

Thanks!

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on what model you're looking at.
Discussion - Power supply discussion and recommended models thread | Tom's Hardware Forum
a listing of EVGA psu's is given.

Think personally i would give the GD series a chance if on a tight budget although as mentioned in the above list is there no review of these. Don't skimp in a psu, it provides all the power to the other components and choosing a good one will prolong the lives of these other parts as well.