New CPU/Mobo worse performance

Aug 9, 2018
Hi, i recently bought an i5 8400, gigabyte b360m ds3h motherboard and 8gb ddr4 ram (single channel) to star a new build using some old components like hdd and graphic card (evga gtx 670 4gb supercloked).

The problem is that when im playing a game (Battlefield 1 for example), the performance is worse than with my previous build (i7 3770, dual channel) and sometimes the game crashes (one time it said i remove the graphics card while playing). The funny part is that if I plug an 2gb 750ti to the motheboard the game not only doesn't crash, but is playable (only slows down when theres heavy loading or something). With PES2018 I have the same issue, with the gtx 670 has some weird sound problem and then crashes. But with the 750ti I can play 1080p 60fps no problem.

I reinstall the OS, all the drivers for each card (using DDU to delete previous drivers). Even play the games using single channel on the older build and everything works.

So is there a chance that the graphics card is not compatible with the motheboard? Since I dont have any problem when I plug the 750ti in the new system and when I plug the gtx 670 to the previous motherboard (ASUS P8B75-M) everything is perfect.

Thanks on advance and sorry for my english.

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 700w

Solution
Solved it, just follow this steps:
"I've rarely seen problems with older PCI-E 2.0 GPUs on motherboards with PCI-E 3.0.
You could force it to PCI-E 2.0 in your BIOS to see if it helps.
I looked it up in your motherboard manual, it's under "M.I.T." -> "Miscellaneous Settings" -> "Max Link Speed". Set it to "Gen 2" and try it.
As the 750 Ti is a PCI-E 3.0 card and it works, I'd definitely give it a try.
Just don't forget to set it back as soon as you change to a newer card."
Thanks to ILE from Steam!
I doubt it's a compatibility thing. I think it's a power issue. You give all your specs, but only say a very generic "700W" for the power supply. With a card like the 670, the power supply is everything. It would not surprise me if your new system, being more powerful in gaming, is stressing that power supply with the 670. That explains why the 750 Ti works, compared to the 670 it uses no power at all.

Aug 9, 2018
Solved it, just follow this steps:
"I've rarely seen problems with older PCI-E 2.0 GPUs on motherboards with PCI-E 3.0.
You could force it to PCI-E 2.0 in your BIOS to see if it helps.
I looked it up in your motherboard manual, it's under "M.I.T." -> "Miscellaneous Settings" -> "Max Link Speed". Set it to "Gen 2" and try it.
As the 750 Ti is a PCI-E 3.0 card and it works, I'd definitely give it a try.
Just don't forget to set it back as soon as you change to a newer card."
Thanks to ILE from Steam!

Solution