[SOLVED] New CPU motherboard showing q codes 00, 15 ,30 ,4C

ItsKieranL

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015
I purchased a new CPU / processor since my old one had bent pins, when i got the cpu / processor in the computer it powered on but did not show anything on the monitor, and also showing the Q codes 00, 15, 30, and 4C.

My specs are:
Case - NZXT H500
CPU / Processor - I7 6700k, my old one with bent pins being an i5 6600 non k
GPU - GTX 1060 6GB
Power supply - cm650x
motherboard - Asrock z270 taichi
CPU cooler - Hyper 212x evo
ram - 2x4 Corsair vengeance LPX 2400 - CMK8GX4M2A2400C14
1x8 Hyper fury - HX424C15FB2/8

The only thing i can see being the issue is the ram / memory being incompatible with the motherboard / cpu as i have checked asrock's website and on the compatibility memory for the motherboard (asrock z270 taichi) my ram codes aren't shown. For either of the sticks. Is it the ram?

I have tried replacing the CPU and cpu cooler, trying booting with the bear minimum and with the ram out (no ram in the motherboard) the q code 53 appears which leads me to believe even more thats its the ram sticks..
And i have also took out the CMOS battery and waited around 20 minutes and still no luck.
I have also took out the motherboard out from the case to limit the chance of a fault within the case, and still no luck, still same error codes 00, 15 , 30, and 4C

I have ran out of ideas to fix it, any suggestions?

Solution
If you did try the old cpu (i5) with your MB, the MB may have problem too.

And I don't know you try use only one stick RAM, either the corsair or the kingston to boot the PC. If you did try that,
and if you don't have a compatible MB to test, go to local PC shop ask for help.

Keep in mind, these RAM will work fine with your MB even they are not in the QVL, but if you mixed them, then you may get problem, also asrock can't test all the RAM, then add them in the QVL, if you you go to the RAM manufacturer site, they will tell you the RAM is compatible or not. Like for the kingston https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/Options

ItsKieranL

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015

Sorry i ment my old processor had some of the plated gold chipped off via shipping or storage.

If you did try the old cpu (i5) with your MB, the MB may have problem too.

And I don't know you try use only one stick RAM, either the corsair or the kingston to boot the PC. If you did try that,
and if you don't have a compatible MB to test, go to local PC shop ask for help.

Keep in mind, these RAM will work fine with your MB even they are not in the QVL, but if you mixed them, then you may get problem, also asrock can't test all the RAM, then add them in the QVL, if you you go to the RAM manufacturer site, they will tell you the RAM is compatible or not. Like for the kingston https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search/Options

Solution

ItsKieranL

Reputable
Dec 15, 2015

No, i tried them 1 by 1 both the memory slots and the memory sticks. So im guessing the issue is either a bent pin on the motherboard for the cpu sector, or even the motherboard itself

TRENDING THREADS