[SOLVED] New CPU not posting (Intel i7-5820k on X99 mobo)

May 13, 2020
Current cpu: Intel xeon e5-2603 v3
New cpu: Intel i7-5820k
Mobo: gigabyte X99-ud3p-cf
Gpu: AMD RX 580
Ram: 2x8gb ddr4

When I attempt to boot with the new i7 cpu installed, the PC will run for 10 seconds with no display, power off, and then power on again and stay on, but still with no display going to the graphics card.
If I put the Xeon cpu back in with the same exact configuration, everything works fine - posts to BIOS and then boots through to windows.

I've read through the no boot sticky and believe I've attempted pretty much all steps (updated BIOS to latest version, cleared CMOS, removed all devices from USBs, tried different RAM configurations, moved graphics card position)

At this point I'm leaning towards it being the CPU itself - although I know this is not very common. I purchased a renewed version from Amazon.

Any other ideas or potential fixes before I send it back would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
It's most likely not the PSU, however, if you could borrow a known working PSU (hopefully modular) to test with, that would eliminate it as a possibility. If you can't, I'd probably just return or exchange the CPU.
May 13, 2020
It's most likely not the PSU, however, if you could borrow a known working PSU (hopefully modular) to test with, that would eliminate it as a possibility. If you can't, I'd probably just return or exchange the CPU.

Yeah, I think I'll just exchange the CPU and see if that does it - if not maybe I'll just start a gaming build from scratch. Thanks for the responses though man.