[SOLVED] New CPU not posting

Oct 31, 2019
Hello everyone, So I have just recently bought a ryzen 5 3600, but when I run my computer setup, there is no display. The fans spin, the rgb lights show up, but there is also a dram EZ debug light that shows up. I have done a little researching and saw that with some of the newer cpus running on older motherboards, you need a bios update. In order to do that thought, wouldn't I need a cpu that works to run bios? Looking for ways to get around this, or maybe this is not the issue. Thanks for your help in advance.

Parts List:
Ryzen 5 3600
ROG Strix B-350 f gaming motherboard
Corsair Vengance 8gb ram
2 hard drives
Geforce GTX 1050ti
Raidmax 530w power supply

Oct 31, 2019
Is this a whole new build?

1. You need the 4801 BIOS. https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_CPU/
  2. You really really really really need a whole new PSU. I wouldn't trust that to power a desk lamp.
It's technically not a new build, I needed a new cpu so I went and bought one like 3 days ago. The mb was my brothers that he is letting me use, along with the ram sticks. I know the power supply need to be upgraded aswell, but that's probably gonna wait till black friday.
So you said that I needed this specific bios, but how do I get that bios if my computer doesn't display anything. I already have a usb ready to flash bios, but without a display I couldn't do it anyway.

USAFRet

Titan
It's technically not a new build, I needed a new cpu so I went and bought one like 3 days ago. The mb was my brothers that he is letting me use, along with the ram sticks. I know the power supply need to be upgraded aswell, but that's probably gonna wait till black friday.
So you said that I needed this specific bios, but how do I get that bios if my computer doesn't display anything. I already have a usb ready to flash bios, but without a display I couldn't do it anyway.
You need a compatible (earlier) CPU to boot up and update the BIOS.