May 9, 2023
Hello I have a older pc that I was upgrading with some new hardware.

Old system, asus maximus x code, i5-8400, 2 G.skill 3000 8gb, total of 16gb, gtx 1660 super, evga 750 g2, 960 Evo ssd.

Upgraded system asus maximus x code, i9-9900kf, 4 G.skill 3200 8, total of 32, rtx 3060 12gb, evga 750 g2, 960 Evo ssd.

I installed the new ram first all 4 slots working with new hardware, with the old cpu, then the new gpu, all good. Just got my new cpu yesterday and started that process.

Got it in and started it up, got code 55 on the motherboard. So I reseated the ram, and same thing. So I tried 2 sticks in slot a2 and b4 (the 2nd and 4th) slots.
No go same code 55, same woth 1 and 3 slots.
Tried slots 1 and 2 its a go. Yay something so I tried 3 and 4 slots same code 55. 1 and 4 and 2 and 3 same code 55.
So I put the old processer in and they work... what is going on here. The Cpu is new right out of the box.

I am going crazy with this.
I check the pins no bends and I even cleaned the cpu socket with alcohol and then the ram slots.

I went into the bios and turned off the 3 and 4 slots for ram and it works but obviously not using the other two sticks.

I have tried all ram sticks in the different configurations for slot 1 and 2, so all ram are working great.

Is my cpu not getting enough power or something I just don't get this.

Please help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Using the older processor, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

I check the pins no bends and I even cleaned the cpu socket with alcohol and then the ram slots.
Might want to include an image of the CPU's socket on the motherboard, I'm already fearing the worst when you stated cleaning it.

May 9, 2023
For both cpu's I am using the most recent 2701 x64.

I know that I don't have any bent pins because I have tested the old cpu with the 4 ram sticks and it works, it is some issue with the new cpu or software settings.

Last edited: