Question New CPU Ryzen 2 vs 3rd gen

ant7191

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
With Ryzen second gen becoming so cheap right now and black Friday coming up which one should I get? Currently have an Intel system with i7 7700, 16gb ddr4, Nvidia rtx 2070. Ready to upgrade and with and Ryzen success was looking at it more than Intel. I want to game as well as edit and record gameplay videos on it and maybe some streaming. All feedback and opinions more than welcome. Thank you

InvalidError

Titan
You already have your existing hardware, presumably already own the games you want to play, so all you need to do now is put together the rest of your streaming/recording software setup and see what you get. Then you can make your upgrade decision based on your own results on your existing setup instead of possibly spending on a not-really-necessary upgrade.

ant7191

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
All valid points and I appreciate all the feedback. I agree the hardware I have now is certainly adequate. There's more to my situation then just wanting to upgrade. My sister's laptop died cat threw up on it while it was open and it fried it. So not only is this upgrade for me but so I can pass down my current Intel CPU, motherboard, and ram to her. I'm keeping the rtx 2070 to go with the Ryzen cpu and giving her my gtx 1060 I don't use since I upgraded the beginning of the year. Now we're getting closer to black Friday and seeing the 3600x close to the 3600 price and the 3700x hasn't really moved much. I want the 3700x but would it be necessary for what I want to do including gameplay/recording as well as some editing of said videos maybe some streaming and want to get into animation in blender. 3600x is showing$230-240 meanwhile the 3700x is still over $300 at around$330 and shows no signs of dropping for black Friday at least not from Amazon or Newegg. Neweggs black Friday add only mentions 3800x and 2nd gen discounts but places the 3800x in about the same range as the 3700x. What do you all think? Long post I know lol