Question New CPU Setup

Jul 31, 2019
I installed a new CPU and turned on my PC and what came up was a message about "setting it up" by pressing f1 or something. Problem is i forgot to connect my keyboard so i had to turn it off and on again but it just started up normally without any setup, it works fine but i was wondering if i missed out on anything?

Was it before the windows logo showed up? if so that was the bios. There isn't anything you need to do in the bios unless you want to overclock or mess with other hardware settings.

You are fine. If you want to see what settings you can play with in the bios lookup what keys you have to press in your motherboards manual. (generally its DEL, f1, or f12)

dorsai

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
I installed a new CPU and turned on my PC and what came up was a message about "setting it up" by pressing f1 or something. Problem is i forgot to connect my keyboard so i had to turn it off and on again but it just started up normally without any setup, it works fine but i was wondering if i missed out on anything?

You'll need to enter the BIOS setup to configure items like memory speed, CPU optimizations, boot order for your SSD/HHD's, and any fan profiles you might want to set up.

The motherboard loads a default profile (which you're using) that sets basic settings to get a machine working...but those are by no means the best settings for a PC.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts