[SOLVED] New Cpu Temps and Voltage Fluctuation?

jsief1

Reputable
Feb 22, 2019
Hi. I recently upgraded from a Ryzen 3 2200g to a Ryzen 5 2600x. After installing it into my B450m-hdv mobo with its stock cooler, I went on HWmonitor to check to see if my temps were ok. At idle, it would run at 37C and around .7 V per core, then randomly jump up to 50C and 1.45 V before quickly going back down to 37C. Is this cause for concern?

Solution
A background task can be like when your Windows update starts. And it needs processing power to start. You don't need to have an app open like a window. You can also have apps in Windows tray like antivirus or drivers.

rascalov

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
Hello. Maybe a process or an application need attention from the OS and the OS allocated resources. Your CPU is maybe set to auto, so it overclocks by itself when needed. No problem.

jsief1

Reputable
Feb 22, 2019
Hello. Maybe a process or an application need attention from the OS and the OS allocated resources. Your CPU is maybe set to auto, so it overclocks by itself when needed. No problem.
Hello. Maybe a process or an application need attention from the OS and the OS allocated resources. Your CPU is maybe s
This is normal. It's just turboing up to complete light background tasks.
But why would it go directly from 30 to 50 without any middle ground?

rascalov

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
A background task can be like when your Windows update starts. And it needs processing power to start. You don't need to have an app open like a window. You can also have apps in Windows tray like antivirus or drivers.

Solution