Oct 9, 2018
Here are my specs

B350M Pro-VDH motherboard
Ryzen 3 1200 cpu
Radeon rx 550 gpu
1x8gb ddr4 ram at 2400
1x4gb ddr4 ram at 2400
Glacier 600 watt psu

Assembled everything. Pc powers up no problem. New you wont work or go to bios screen. I've been using my old one with absolutely no problems. I downloaded the drivers for the new mobo and downloaded the bios on a fully formatted usb drive on fat32 for my new cpu but I am told it should support my cpu out of the box. Did I buy a dud cpu or what?

Oct 9, 2018

Ive tried that already :/ it did not work then either. I cant get into the bios thats my main issue even on my old cpu that wirks

What are the differences between the old and new? The way you worded the original post seems to suggest you've changed motherboards as well as the CPU. There's also a claim you've downloaded a BIOS but make no mention of actually updating it for the motherboard. Making the assumption this is the same motherboard and only the CPU change, what is the old CPU?

This should be the compatibility list for the motherboard you've listed: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350M-PRO-VDH#support-cpu
If I'm reading it correctly the Ryzen 3 1200 requires a newer BIOS than the very first one available.

Oct 9, 2018

I did change the mobo. My old cpu is a A12-9800. I did download the new bios for the motherboard my problem is I cannot get into the bios. No matter what I do on the old or new cpu.

Theoretically the A12-9800 should be 'out of the box compatible' with the B350M PRO-VDH.

Install the A12 and use it to access the BIOS in order to update it to the latest one. (Follow the instructions in the manual for updating the BIOS, and check the notes too. Some BIOSes require a 'bridging' BIOS before allowing new ones so take care.) Then install the Ryzen 3 1200 afterwards. It should work if it's only an old BIOS preventing it from working properly.

TRENDING THREADS