[SOLVED] new cpu

Feb 7, 2020
ok i just built a new system fresh win10 have the asus rog strix 450f mobo and i used the ryzen 5 1400 i had in my last build and well this cpu aint really built for this board. so i just got the ryzen 7 2700x not the top the line but a beast compared to what i had. now question is i just built this and dont really wanna go through the whole win10 n apps setups. so i neva upgraded a cpu on a build i normally so it all at once. SO IF I PUT THE NEW CPU IN DO I NEED TO REINSTALL WIN10 ??

Solution
No, don't need to reinstall. But do check task manager that all cores/threads are accounted for. Windows sometimes limits cores upgrading to a cpu with more, if it does, just uncheck number of processors in msconfig.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
No, don't need to reinstall. But do check task manager that all cores/threads are accounted for. Windows sometimes limits cores upgrading to a cpu with more, if it does, just uncheck number of processors in msconfig.

Last edited:
Reactions: CountMike
Solution
Feb 7, 2020
tyvm. apreciate it and saves mi alotta guess work.

TRENDING THREADS