[SOLVED] New cpu

Aug 15, 2020
I just updated my cpu to a i5 but nou my graphics card wont work but with my old cpu my graphics card works is dere a way to get my graphics card to work on my nuwe cpu

Solution
The PSU doesn't have certification but for the system u're running it's more than enough.
Not necessarily if the PSU is poor quality. Wattage is often useless without quality. The 80+ certification is only in relation to efficiency.

What actually occurs when you install the new CPU?
Have you got latest drivers such as chipset etc?
Do you also have latest BIOS for that particular board?
Are you able to test another GPU with the new CPU?

It could well be that which such a poor PSU that the newer CPU is causing it to fault. I'd be doubtful, but it's certainly plausible with any bad PSU. Especially being as the GPU seems to work seemingly fine otherwise.
Aug 15, 2020
Welcome to the forums!

Please post your entire system spec including PSU make and model and specific CPU and motherboard.
Intel core i5-2400s
550w power supply
Msi h61m-s20(g3)
AMD radeon hd 6570
Old cpu intel Pentium r g2020
The graphics card wont boot but it boots on the motherboard

Aug 15, 2020
The PSU doesn't have certification but for the system u're running it's more than enough.

Just to clarify, does your screen display the OS etc?

Check if the GPU is being detected at Computer Management - Device Manager - Display adapters.

If not try installing the drivers, but it should display without drivers too

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Not necessarily if the PSU is poor quality. Wattage is often useless without quality. The 80+ certification is only in relation to efficiency.

It could well be that which such a poor PSU that the newer CPU is causing it to fault. I'd be doubtful, but it's certainly plausible with any bad PSU. Especially being as the GPU seems to work seemingly fine otherwise.

Solution
Aug 15, 2020

Yeah, sorry. I actually took a look at amperages, which shows a little bit more how efficient the PSU is, and it's actually 38A on the 12V rail, not bad at all. I searched for amperage requirements on GPUs, and this one is much more than enough:

GeForce GTX 1080 - 30A and a 500W PSU minimum
GeForce GTX 1070-26A and a 500W PSU minimum
GeForce GTX 1060 -20A and a 400W PSU minimum
GeForce GTX 1050Ti - 18A and a 350W PSU minimum
GeForce GTX 1050 -17A and a 350W PSU minimum

So we can discard PSU, unless it's very old

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Yeah, sorry. I actually took a look at amperages, which shows a little bit more how efficient the PSU is, and it's actually 38A on the 12V rail, not bad at all. I searched for amperage requirements on GPUs, and this one is much more than enough:
Nothing to apologise for. I'm not referring to the wattage on rails. I'm referring to quality, and the litepower is one of ThermalTakes worst units. Which can means it's output could be anything, even incredibly erratic. As I said, I doubt it is, but this can also happen with poor quality PSUs.