New Custom Built PC keeps crashing

Aug 8, 2018
So I have a problem where my PC keeps crashing and 3 specific things happen when it does:

1. The screen freezes and the computer won't receive inputs (tested by seeing if caps lock turned on/off). In this scenario, the computer will most of the time just stay on the last frame of whatever was happening and I can't hold the power button to turn it off.

2. Same as above, but instead of the screen freezing my monitor just full on loses signal.

3. This has only happened once: My computer just randomly restarted itself entirely.

These all happen without warning most of the time, no sign that anything is going to happen. The only exception is a couple of times I heard popping and cracking if audio was playing while it happened.

Here are the details of my build:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core Processor

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit

Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4 B350

Solution
Aug 8, 2018

The power supply is a EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply, and I don't know the exact hard drive brand but it's a 1TB HDD

A failing hard drive could be causing the problems you describe. Try downloading and running a program called Hard Disk Sentinel, it will analyze the health of your HDD.

largeImg.png

Aug 8, 2018

I installed it and ran the program, here are the results:
unknown.png

Aug 8, 2018

Nothing is really consistently shown in the event viewer under any of the tabs, just things I already knew about like an application like Discord or FL Studio not booting properly but other than that it's pretty clean looking back as far as the issue has been happening.

Have you looked at your drivers in Device Manager? Have you updated your motherboard to the latest drivers and BIOS?

Aug 8, 2018

I don't know how I would do that but I did check the Event Viewer after the most recent crash and got this:

unknown.png

Here are some suggestions for fixing "Event 41, Kernel-Power". In the 2nd link you can skip the advertisement for TweakBit Driver Updater, but the other solutions might work for you.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-3128570/fix-windows-error-event-kernel-power.html
https://windowsreport.com/kernel-power-41-error-windows-10/

Solution

TRENDING THREADS