[SOLVED] New custom case ITX build.

WildCard999

Titan
So I work in a hospital pharmacy and they were going to throw out this old IV checker so I decided to take it. It has that hole up top as well as one in the back with a fan (to heat the bulb). I was thinking of taking out all the internal parts to put in a ITX system and try out my new Dremel kit. I would like it to be gaming worthy (City of Heroes: Homecoming & maybe Division 2) but am concerned with PSU size as even the smaller ones may prove to be difficult to fit into it. I can post the exact size specs later when I'm out of work.

It has vents on the sides.

A41sF7p.jpg

Thinking of putting the PSU with the fan facing the rear hole.

kLhaXOl.jpg

Possible specs. (I already own the SSD & 250gb is plenty for now)

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($144.35 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($0.00)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS SGX 450 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($97.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $407.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-07 10:18 EDT-0400

The PSU is good quality and will allow for a decent mid range GPU later on if needed. The motherboard & CPU (Possibly memory too) will be purchased from Microcenter, if the MB BIOS isn't up to date and if they won't update it then I could either swap to the 2400G or use my Ryzen 2600 & RX 580 to update it.

Any advice for motherboard/PSU placement would be welcomed or any ideas on possible changes.

Solution
If getting that board, from Microcenter, it most likely will be Ryzen 3000 ready. The one I bought, last month, for a cheap R5 1600 build, was labeled as such.

WildCard999

Titan
Those specs would allow you to power those system components easily with an internal power board:
http://www.mini-box.com/picoPSU-160-XT
They make more powerful ones as well, so if the SFF PSU doesn't fit, this would definitely be a viable option for system with integrated graphics, as well as select power efficient graphics card models.
Yea I'm trying to avoid the Pico PSU if possible due to if I want to add something like an 1660 later on. I think if I face the PSU fan outwards to the rear opening and then have the MB on the front of the case it should fit then I can cut holes for the I/O shield on the side without messing with the vents.

Yea I'm trying to avoid the Pico PSU if possible due to if I want to add something like an 1660 later on. I think if I face the PSU fan outwards to the rear opening and then have the MB on the front of the case it should fit then I can cut holes for the I/O shield on the side without messing with the vents.
Ok cool, just FYI they make boards that can easily handle a 1660 and they go all the way up to 500w.