New custom pc not booting, orange MOBO light

RichVJr

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017
NEW CUSTOM BUILD CPU DOES NOT TURN ON. ORANGE LIGHT ON MOBO (below audio out ports) BLINKS WHEN PWR BUTTON PRESSED.

Pentium 4560
Nzxt white case
Gigabyte b250m ds3h Mobo
8 GB hyper x fury ram
SanDisk 120gb sad plus
EVGA 430w pay
Aorus Radeon rx570

Went through every step in checklist posted for troubleshooting PC not turning on.

Ex. Reassembling, removing specific components and cables, holding removing power cables and holding power button down and letting it sit for an hour and trying again... And a few other things.

Yes I am fairly new to building PC's but have built two previous ones with almost identical components with success.

Please help.

Solution
No problem.
The case does have a fan controller, right? How did you connect the fans to it and the hub to the power supply and motherboard? What's the exact model of the case?
When you turn your system on, it goes thru a Post (power on self test) and if all is OK then passes over to your OS for boot into windows.
If it fails Post then a warning LED indicator will light up and stay lit till the problem is fixed.
I have looked at your MB manual and could not find any LED indicators for trouble shooting.
I suggest you contact Gigabyte to confirm cause it may be your DIMM_LED if its yellow or orange. Usually there is also a CPU_LED that indicates a problem with the CPU. If this is the case then Post will not advance till rectified.
Try 1 RAM module in the first slot and try switching modules around and into different slots in case you have a bad RAM module.

RichVJr

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

I tried putting the ram in each slot and powering on and nothing. Attached is a vid showing the light that goes on when I press the power button (sometimes) maybe you'll be able to tell what it is. https://youtu.be/ibR4A3HXnGM

RichVJr

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

Yeah that's all that happens that brief fish. I'm not sure if that's bad or not. But thanks anyways forr the help. Gigabyte is closed so hopefully Monday they can help me figure this out. I've checked all cables like 20 times a lol

I looked again and you have no GPU installed.? Are you using the iGPU.? There will be no output to a monitor and Bios would see this. Complete your installation properly referring to your manual.

RichVJr

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

I removed it just so I can show you the light. I have an rx570 and then I plug an HDMI into the GPU into a monitor and nothing.

The only other thing I can think of is your Bios.? and as alexoiu said check your PSU as even if the fan spins, that's no proper indication that your PSU is working as it should. You may have to swap the unit out or have it tested under load conditions.
Have you tried clearing CMOS and is the Bios up to date.?

RichVJr

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

Ok I can try swapping the PSU I guess. And idk about the bios since I can't turn on the system?

Usually the Bios version is stamped on the MB somewhere and would show the Bios revision.
If you have never updated then chances are there will be an update to address new DDR4 ram and for general system stability. Unfortunately you will not be able to update without Bios access and the specs for your MB indicate you must have 7th gen processor to use RAM above for 2400 MHz or XMP memory and native support is 2133Mhz.
You need to check into these things.

RichVJr

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

Well for my last pc build I used same ram and motherboard with no issues. So if unlikely that it's that. Also, just swapped power supplys with a working one from other build and it still didn't turn on. So it's definitely not that.

Try testing the board outside the case, only CPU and CPU cooler installed, both 24 and 8 pin power cables connected. No other components/wires.
Start the board by shortly touching with a screwdriver the 2 pins on the motherboard corresponding to the case power button.
If the CPU fan does not spin, then it might be a board issue.

RichVJr

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

So I tried this and it worked so what does that mean? If it's not the PSU, ram, Mobo... Graphics card?

RichVJr

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

FINALLY FIXED IT! so basically I guess the MOBO didn't agree with the connectors the case used for the fans so I directly plugged a fan into the port instead and it powers on now. But now my question is 1) do you think I can get away with using just 1 fan, or 2) is there a way you can think of where I can utilize both and the motherboard powers on? BTW thanks for you help

RichVJr

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

I got them to work NVM. It's an nzxt white case with a glass side the cheapest one. Essentially before I was using the adapters with the PSU to chain both fans to that and then plug that into the Mobo like my last build. But it didn't like that so instead I plugged the wires coming from each fan into each other and then that into the Mobo, ignoring the PSU adapter. I'm not sure if maybe I was supposed to this all along but in my last build I connected them to the PSU and then the Mobo and it worked fine same Mobo and all. It's an NZXT S340.

RichVJr

Prominent
Apr 22, 2017

Oh okay I see. Sucks that it took me two days to realize that but thanks lol.