[SOLVED] New Custom PC: Random Crashes, Application Freezes, Lots of Small Issues

May 7, 2020
Hi all,
I am going on week 5 of my new custom PC, and am still experiencing the same issues that I've tried so many potential solutions for.

Here's my hardware:
MB: ASUS Prime X570-P
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: Gigabyte RX5600XT
RAM: Corsair 16GB 2x8 D4 3200
Storage: Samsung E 500GB 970EVO
PSU: Corsair CS650M
*Windows 10 btw

Quick backstory:
5 weeks I ago I built my first custom PC and had a lot of help from an experienced friend to get familiarized with PCs and get setup.

I had been having many issues (most are small, but some big ones) including: random restarts, applications such as Spotify, Discord, and Steam freezing for 2-3 mins, bluetooth/wifi disconnecting, screen flashing, as well as a few BSODs. There were also issues with my headset/certain applications, in which the output will sound static and cut in and out. Spotify will slow down and fragment, then speed way up. Youtube audio and video will also cut in and out, and when in a Discord channel, voices are also sometimes cut up. I have tried every USB input for the headset, reinstalled the problem software, and updated associated drivers.

10 days after building the PC I exchanged my motherboard for the same one, thinking the issues were caused by that. Some of the smaller issues (like peripherals not being recognized, GPU not connecting) and the majority of the smaller issues seemed to be solved. I also got a new high-end monitor about 2 weeks ago ago and screen flashing has decreased overall, but still present.

Back to today:
My major issues are the random restarts and the audio issues/application freezes (Spotify, Discord, Steam, Youtube), which still occur every single day. I have checked for Windows updates, updated my BIOS and drivers, reinstalled Windows, and taken apart my computer and rebuilt it, but these issues wont go away. I check my GPU and CPU frequently to make sure they aren't overheating. Interestingly, my PC doesn't crash when playing games on ultra settings. The random restarts only seem to occur when my computer is under very little load, or a minute or two after restarting.

*I think its important to mention that about half the time when I boot my computer in the morning, audio and wifi services are completely off. It takes a minute or two for the problem to fix itself, but I'm wondering if this issue is a clear signal of a problem?

I have run various CPU, GPU and memory tests and no issues have been found. I am at a total loss for what to try. I'm not willing to commit to purchasing new parts outright yet, given that every single one of my parts are brand new, and personally its not worth the headache of buying new parts, testing them, etc. Is this a hardware issue? Software? What have I not done yet? Is there anything that can be done to locate where the issues are coming from?

At first this was a fun project but it has slowly turned into a nightmare. I spend more time researching issues and troubleshooting than I do actually getting use from the computer, and despite posting on numerous sites I get no suggestions. How am I expected to resolve these issues?

Solution
Yes, that's one of many things we have already tried :/
"I have checked for Windows updates, updated my BIOS and drivers, reinstalled Windows, and taken apart my computer and rebuilt it"
Only other thing i couod say is faulty m.2 ssd, the memory controller and or memory portion of the chip could be faulty
Hi all,
I am going on week 5 of my new custom PC, and am still experiencing the same issues that I've tried so many potential solutions for.

Here's my hardware:
MB: ASUS Prime X570-P
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
GPU: Gigabyte RX5600XT
RAM: Corsair 16GB 2x8 D4 3200
Storage: Samsung E 500GB 970EVO
PSU: Corsair CS650M
*Windows 10 btw

Quick backstory:
5 weeks I ago I built my first custom PC and had a lot of help from an experienced friend to get familiarized with PCs and get setup.

I had been having many issues (most are small, but some big ones) including: random restarts, applications such as Spotify, Discord, and Steam freezing for 2-3 mins, bluetooth/wifi disconnecting, screen flashing, as well as a few BSODs. There were also issues with my headset/certain applications, in which the output will sound static and cut in and out. Spotify will slow down and fragment, then speed way up. Youtube audio and video will also cut in and out, and when in a Discord channel, voices are also sometimes cut up. I have tried every USB input for the headset, reinstalled the problem software, and updated associated drivers.

10 days after building the PC I exchanged my motherboard for the same one, thinking the issues were caused by that. Some of the smaller issues (like peripherals not being recognized, GPU not connecting) and the majority of the smaller issues seemed to be solved. I also got a new high-end monitor about 2 weeks ago ago and screen flashing has decreased overall, but still present.

Back to today:
My major issues are the random restarts and the audio issues/application freezes (Spotify, Discord, Steam, Youtube), which still occur every single day. I have checked for Windows updates, updated my BIOS and drivers, reinstalled Windows, and taken apart my computer and rebuilt it, but these issues wont go away. I check my GPU and CPU frequently to make sure they aren't overheating. Interestingly, my PC doesn't crash when playing games on ultra settings. The random restarts only seem to occur when my computer is under very little load, or a minute or two after restarting.

*I think its important to mention that about half the time when I boot my computer in the morning, audio and wifi services are completely off. It takes a minute or two for the problem to fix itself, but I'm wondering if this issue is a clear signal of a problem?

I have run various CPU, GPU and memory tests and no issues have been found. I am at a total loss for what to try. I'm not willing to commit to purchasing new parts outright yet, given that every single one of my parts are brand new, and personally its not worth the headache of buying new parts, testing them, etc. Is this a hardware issue? Software? What have I not done yet? Is there anything that can be done to locate where the issues are coming from?

At first this was a fun project but it has slowly turned into a nightmare. I spend more time researching issues and troubleshooting than I do actually getting use from the computer, and despite posting on numerous sites I get no suggestions. How am I expected to resolve these issues?
Have you and your friend updated the mobo to the latest bios and installed all the mobo drivers from the cd-manny's website?

May 7, 2020
Have you and your friend updated the mobo to the latest bios and installed all the mobo drivers from the cd-manny's website?

Yes, that's one of many things we have already tried :/
"I have checked for Windows updates, updated my BIOS and drivers, reinstalled Windows, and taken apart my computer and rebuilt it"