News New Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer Showcases Ray Tracing and Nvidia DLSS 2.0

fevanson

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
I tested DLSS 2.0 on Control with all settings including all RT features maxed with over 60fps 1080p, I hope Cyberpunk 2077 runs similar on my EVGA RTX 2060 Super 8gb.

Chung Leong

Reputable
Dec 6, 2019
I would be surprised if they manage to ship the game this year. Travel restrictions between Poland and Ukraine are creating very serious issues. Half the folks working for CD Projekt are like from the east.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
Well those are the kind of graphics that might make me buy one of those new graphics cards that are supposed to be released around the same time. I wonder if they are doing some kind of cross-promotion with NVidia. That might put Nvidia ray tracing and DLSS 2.0 on the map.

Nvidia DLSS 2.0, on the other hand, utilizes the Tensor cores that are present in Turing-powered graphics cards. Essentially, it's an AI technique that helps improve the quality and sharpness images in the game and enhances frame rates at the same time.
Or more accurately, it's a form of upscaling from a lower resolution that looks better than some other forms of upscaling.

Despite the fact that development on Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty much finished, CD Projekt RED still hasn't revealed the system requirements for the game. Obviously, you would need a GeForce RTX 20-series graphics card if you want to enjoy the eye candy, such as ray tracing or Nvidia's DLSS 2.0. We speculate that you would need at least a GeForce RTX 2060 Super to get the game up and running at acceptable frame rates.
By the time this game comes out, it's likely that a number of RTX 30-series cards will be available, and those will almost certainly handle raytracing a lot better than the 20-series, where enabling multiple effects tends to bottom out performance. So if someone really wanted to buy a higher-end card to run this game at its best, they would probably be better off waiting until closer to the game's launch. The game isn't out for another 5 months, after all. High-end raytracing-capable graphics cards from AMD should also be available by then, though it's anyone's guess at this point how the raytracing performance of those cards will compare.