[SOLVED] New DDR3 CORSAIR ram not working

Apr 4, 2020
Hello everyone, I've read lots of forums about new ram not working, but I couldn't find any identical to my problem..

My Specs:

Motherboard:
H55M-E33
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/H55ME33/Specification

SSD:
samsung evo 860 1tb

Old functionally ram:
Kingston 2GB PC3-10600 DDR3-1333MHz
https://www.memory4less.com/kingston-2gb-ddr3-pc10600-99u5471-001-a00lf

New ram:
Corsair Vengeance Pro Series
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/High-Performance-Memory/VENGEANCE®-Pro-Series-—-16GB-(2-x-8GB)-DDR3-DRAM-1600MHz-C9-Memory-Kit/p/CMY16GX3M2A1600C9R

When I plug in my new ram and start the computer it gets stuck at my the page, where I usually can get to the BIOS. However, with the new ram my keyboard doesn't connect.

If I plug in my new ram together with the old It keeps restarting.

I've updated the BIOS. (from 1.08 to 1.10)

If I plug in only my old ram everything works as usual.

I've tried moving around the ram in the different slots, and taking out the lithium battery for a few minutes. Everything I've done has Been with my PC unplugged.

Any help/Suggestions is much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Bastian Olsen

COLGeek

Cybernaut
With only the new memory installed, does the BIOS recognize it properly? Also, are your memory settings manually configured in the BIOS or set to DEFAULT or AUTO?

Also, I only see 4GB memory sticks listed in the QVL. This old chipset likely does not like your 8GB, higher density, memory modules.

Reactions: Bastian Olsen
Apr 4, 2020
Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

I can't get to the BIOS with only the new memory installed , since my keyboard doesn't start with the PC.

All my memory settings in the BIOS is set to Auto.

Sorry, I don't your last message ''Also, I only see 4GB memory sticks listed in the QVL. This old chipset likely does not like your 8GB, higher density, memory modules.''

What is QVL for example?

Thanks in advance

Bastian Olsen

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

I can't get to the BIOS with only the new memory installed , since my keyboard doesn't start with the PC.

All my memory settings in the BIOS is set to Auto.

Sorry, I don't your last message ''Also, I only see 4GB memory sticks listed in the QVL. This old chipset likely does not like your 8GB, higher density, memory modules.''

What is QVL for example?

Thanks in advance

Bastian Olsen
You need to return the memory you bought and get 4x4GB. Your motherboard does not support 8GB modules, only 4GB modules in all 4 slots for a total of 16GB installed.

Apr 4, 2020
Wow thats so sad.. But Thanks for the help all of you, much appreciated. (I could have saved my self lots of time by asking in here, earlier today) :)

I'll get my self 4x4gGB dims, or might get a whole new computer instead.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Apr 4, 2020
They are even the same brand as my old ones!

I will probably buy 4 of those.

Yes im from Denmark, and live here :)

Now all of a sudden my computer started playing games with me.. When I start it, a blue screen appears and it says ''Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart it for you''

Stop code: Inaccessible boot code

Its a loop.

Cant figure out how to start it in safe mode even though I do as microsoft support says its done D: