New DDR4 ram stick broken? Blue screens.

Jan 5, 2019
Hello friends :),

I have a question about a new ram stick I bought yesterday.

It's corsair's valueselect ddr4 8gb CMV8GX4M1A2666C18.

It came today and I placed it in my system that already holded the same 8gb ram stick I bought earlier.
I know different ram sticks don't guarantee to work together but should do just fine,
and they did work just fine until some task's further I got blue screens followed by bluescreens... So I took it out and only used the one I ALREADY had and everything worked perfectly,
then I used ONLY THE NEW one and it did work for a moment kinda like the first time I putted them BOTH in. Meaning it worked for some tasks but as soon as I start gaming instant bluescreen.

Is this stick dead? Would be weird since it's a new stick.
Ps the memory did show as 16gb in bios and in windows. Also I tried all the combinations as for the dimm slots.

Pc specs:
CPU: i7 7700 (non-K)
MOBO: Asus H270-Plus
Ram: 2x8gb corsair valueram CMV8GX4M1A2666C18 (1 that I already had(working) & 1 new one(the broken one) )
SSD: samsung 850 EVO 250gb/ 1TB Western Digital BLue
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970
PSU: Corsair CS750M
Chassis: NZXT S340

Lutfij

Titan
List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Speaking of motherboard, which slots are occupying the two rams? Are they both identical in terms of specs, frequency, voltage and timings?

Jan 5, 2019

Added my specs in my original post, and I was using the A1/B1 slots on my mobo they were the same color
I also tested both of them apart and the one I already had was working fine in all the slots, the new one didn't even start in all of the slots