Question New dedicated sound card in 2019

Jun 11, 2019
Hello,
I was a happy user of audiotrak prodigy 7.1 hifi, till life made me upgrade to windows 10, and then i just couldnt make it work so i had to move to my onboard sound and its just bad, im clearly missing dedicated sound card on this mobo (asus p8p67 LGA 1155 with 2500k).
So i have been looking for something new like:

1. Creative Sound Blaster Z
  2. Asus Xonar AE
How are those cards becasue ive never been creativ fan and I've read some good and bad reviews - especially about drivers (win 10). ?

Is there anything else you guys can recomend in the same price range to use with:
  1. SENNHEISER HD380 PRO
  2. Microlab solo 7c
There's 90% chance im gonna upgrade my system as soon as new Ryzen 3000 will be available and tested, but that wont make any difference I presume, unless the onboard sound inproved a lot in the last couple of years.

P.S. Sorry for lazy eanglish.

Last edited:
The better question is what speakers or headphones will you be using with them.

My home computer uses the Creative ZxR sound card with a pair of Yamaha HS8 monitors and HS8s subwoofer. When i take my computer to a friends house i use a pair of Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers and there is a night and day difference between the two on the same sound card.

My brother also uses a Creative Zx soundcard and my work computer uses a Creative Sound BlasterX G5. That being said i have nothing to compare them to

Jun 11, 2019
The better question is what speakers or headphones will you be using with them.

My home computer uses the Creative ZxR sound card with a pair of Yamaha HS8 monitors and HS8s subwoofer. When i take my computer to a friends house i use a pair of Corsair SP2500 2.1 speakers and there is a night and day difference between the two on the same sound card.

My brother also uses a Creative Zx soundcard and my work computer uses a Creative Sound BlasterX G5. That being said i have nothing to compare them to

Look up, like I said MicroLab solo 7c and sennheiser hd380 pro