New Dell P2213f monitor not working

dubess

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
Hi,
I have a dell desktop and just purchased a new Dell P2213f monitor but it's not working. I have connected it to the blue spot on the back of the desktop and connected it to power, but nothing. The blue light is lit up on the monitor and I can't even shut it off. It's my son's computer and he must have a video card maybe - the old monitor was hooked up to that. When I plug the monitor into that, it just blinks blue, green, black and white.

Help.

thanks

Solution
Be sure that you connect to the correct VGA connector (the blue one) if there are two it is probably the video card and not the integrated motherboard video connector. Make your connection with the power off and then boot up the computer.

Also, he might be using a different connector like a DVI-D or Display port rather than the VGA -- check to see if he has other cables.

RealBeast

Titan
Be sure that you connect to the correct VGA connector (the blue one) if there are two it is probably the video card and not the integrated motherboard video connector. Make your connection with the power off and then boot up the computer.

Also, he might be using a different connector like a DVI-D or Display port rather than the VGA -- check to see if he has other cables.

Solution