[SOLVED] New Desktop can't run games without completely crashing. (i7 11700F & EVGA 3070TI)

Jan 3, 2022
My new pc is running:
Intel I7 11700F 2.5ghz
Evga 3070TI
TForce 3200 16gb Ram
Apevia 800 Gold
It can't run Forza 5 without closing randomly after 15 minutes. Something similar happens when running Halo Infinite, it glitches out with weird colors and instantly restarts the PC. My previous desktop had an I7 6700k with MSI 1080 OC and it had absolutely no issue running Halo Infinite.
I've already factory reset the PC and installed the latest nvidia driver. I've also disabled Nvidia In-game overlay and Windows antivirus.

Something that may be important to note is that it is a Cyberpower prebuilt from Costco.
I feel as though I got it at a great price ($1,799) so I would hate to return it. On top of that it came with a TI instead of a normal 3070. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: The highest temps I noticed using EVGA Precision software was 78C with fan not at 100% load. As for the CPU I think I saw it at 81C once but mostly averaged 70C.

b88e7517-4f7a-4143-ab5e-32ec6230f2d8.1b398c0dc3496d3e65970c1d6aa9c0d7.jpeg

Last edited:
Solution
I'd say you better check the temps while gaming, run nvidia's overlay from GeForce experience while gaming and see if the GPU temps get too high or anything unusual, because the 3070Ti is well....pretty strong.

And while i don't know much about it, if it glitches out, maybe try undervolting or underclocking your GPU? Not too sure about this though, better to wait for other members to reply on this case.

You could also run some benchmarks to see if the 3070Ti really is performing up to the mark and not faulty or something.

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
I'd say you better check the temps while gaming, run nvidia's overlay from GeForce experience while gaming and see if the GPU temps get too high or anything unusual, because the 3070Ti is well....pretty strong.

And while i don't know much about it, if it glitches out, maybe try undervolting or underclocking your GPU? Not too sure about this though, better to wait for other members to reply on this case.

You could also run some benchmarks to see if the 3070Ti really is performing up to the mark and not faulty or something.

Solution
Jan 3, 2022

I'd find it extremely dumb that I would have to undervolt or underclock something. As for the temps I think the highest I noticed was around 78-82C ish. I thought this was the problem because my previous gpu (MSI1080) only ever hit 69C once a year. After researching though, It seems as though it isn't a problem for a 3070TI to be around 75C at full load.

I don't know how to make sure it is performing up to its mark. The only benchmark software I used was HeavenBench and I ran it at the highest setting for 12ish minutes and it was fine, other than that the whole case felt like an actual oven.

FoxInFlames

Prominent
Jan 3, 2022
other than that the whole case felt like an actual oven.
The temperature inside the case was high? Well, might want to check out the fans/dust filters for well....dust, because the GPU can't be cool if the chassis ain't cool.

Or maybe turn on the rpm of the fans to max when gaming (that's what I do on my laptop, but it's slightly more necessary for me to do so since I'm overclocking) if any program for such purpose is available.