New Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution Trailer at GDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfail

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Deus Ex is one of the greatest games ever made. if you haven't played it, do yourself a big favour and check it out soon.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED THIS GAME!!!!!!!

Yeah, big fan of the original ^_^. Even though I initially thought a prequal wouldn't be a good idea, I do like they way they seem to have done the mechanical mods. Poor guy won't get the nanotech mods from the first two games, so I guess NPCs will see you as more of a freak than before. I am so going to buy this game, unless it has horrible DRM, making me wait for Steam or something.

7amood

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2005
DeusEx the original was amazing... i didn't like the 2nd one though
but to be honest... am looking forward to this one ^_^
i think this trailer is CG... i wanna see some in-game graphics.
One more thing i liked is the script... i can't remember when was it the last time i heard something as good as this

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]nfail[/nom]Deus Ex is one of the greatest games ever made. if you haven't played it, do yourself a big favour and check it out soon.[/citation]
I agree, the first Dues Ex (Made for PC) was freaking awesome. The second one sucked. It was an obvious kiddie console port job dumbed down for the PC. I am afraid they will screw up the third too. I will still look into buying it but only after I heavily check out the reviews and the DRM scheme used.

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
[citation][nom]nfail[/nom]Deus Ex is one of the greatest games ever made. if you haven't played it, do yourself a big favour and check it out soon.[/citation]It hasn't aged well, modern players might find it difficult to play because of that.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I play through both of the originals at least once a year, friggin awesome games! This will mostly likely be crap though, the way every other franchise has gone in the last few years.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
hell yea finally something to keep me going till it comes out.Ive been dying for something Deus Ex wise although I was hoping for more than just a little cutscene but non the less this is looking to be awesome just hope its better than invisible was and maybe even as good or better than the original though I doubt anyone can top the magic of that game when it first came out.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Just gotta say, the part i loved about the original is the "Choices" style of gameplay. There were multiple events that took place that altered the story line and future of gameplay vs (oops 1 child got harvested, bad ending 4 u). Also the upgrade path of the original forced you to tailor to specifically what role you try and play as. Also its the first PC game where you can play all Solid Snake and not kill anyone though obviously intended to be a full fledge fps. As long as the upgrade paths aren't silly and insane (like in 2) and has a choice system effects future missions and not just the ending (like in 1) then this game will be fine.

cptnjarhead

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Deus Ex for me.. was like Darklands,Doom and half-life... they broke the mold and I have been waiting patiently for them to return with the goods.
Please don't dumb it down.. like Deus Sux 2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.