Question New display blinks on and off and beeps, then stays off

Oct 25, 2019
I just stuck a brand new screen in my Lenovo Thinkcentre A70Z and it did sort of fix my previous issue of no display whatsoever, but this new screen will blink on and off three times (beeping lightly each time), then three more times, then it stays off entirely. When it does come on, there's a lot of artifact going on - sort of like an old TV getting bad reception.

Everything is plugged in and the motherboard is just fine (it comes on and beeps just once on startup) and the times when the screen stayed on for a moment, I could see a screen asking me to run Windows Repair and then I hit enter and it went to a normal Windows screen with a loading bar. But since the screen only stays on for one-second bursts and then stays of indefinitely, I can't really repair anything because I can't see anything. I'm pretty sure it's just the display.

I figure the screen was damaged in transit. It went all the way across the country and I'm sure it got banged around a little, but I'd like to ask if it could be anything other than the screen because I don't want to be out $25 more for shipping to send it back if it's some other thing that's broken. Could it be the inverter board? Is there a way to test it? Is there anything else I can try?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019
if u hear sound from screen, then tmds clock osnt running right
is it wired properly?
I think it's coming from the screen. The computer has built-in speakers that could be making the noise, but I'll try covering them up and seeing if the noise is coming from the screen itself.

As far as the wiring, like the inside of the screen itself? I have no idea. The seller claimed the screen was brand new, so I can only assume all the inner workings of the thing are okay, but maybe I just got a dud. I don't know if the monitor was tested beforehand.

It's all hooked up to everything else just fine like the board and inverter board, if that's what you mean. I'm guessing what you described isn't fixable or isn't worth fixing, so I might be better off sending the screen back for a replacement.

Thanks very much for the help!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS