New Display or New Graphics Card

ejignacio

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
My parents told me that they would upgrade a part of my computer for about $150 for my birthday, The problem is I don't know which should I upgrade first my monitor or my graphics card
Both of my current ones kinda suck:( (Don't believe me?I have a 1360x768 monitor and a GT630 for a graphics card. ;))
I was planning to get the 750 ti if I were to choose to upgrade the graphics card first because if I do get a 1080p monitor I'm worried my GT630 can't handle it. I prefer the 750ti over the R7 260x because of the CUDA Cores cause I will be doing some 3d modelling with this thing.

Solution
I would take the 750 Ti first as it will give you a massive boost for now in gaming. Should manage ultra at that resolution!

No point buying a 1080p monitor now and chugging along with the low end GT630, would slow down in all your games at that higher res. Buy the card first so you are happy gaming then get the monitor next.

:)

Matt Dobe

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
I would take the 750 Ti first as it will give you a massive boost for now in gaming. Should manage ultra at that resolution!

No point buying a 1080p monitor now and chugging along with the low end GT630, would slow down in all your games at that higher res. Buy the card first so you are happy gaming then get the monitor next.

:)

Solution

ejignacio

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I will be buying the graphics card first:)

ejignacio

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014

Well I will use it for gaming and 3D modelling so I think I'm gonna get the graphics card first