new drive HELP!

ratz2k

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
hello i got a new sata seagate 1tb 7200rpm i pulged it into my pc and i am trying to install windows beside puting the mobo driver on a usb stick for windows 8.1 install is there anything else i need to do this is going to be my main drive and my only drive. my specs seagate 1tb hard drive 8gb 1600mhz ram single stick gigabyte f2a68hm-hd2 mobo 500w psu amd r7 270 cpu amd 6600k

Solution
This sounds unfortunate! Have you tried the HDD in another computer, @ratz2k? What about swapping the SATA cable with a different one?
If you don't have access to another PC, you could possibly find another HDD to try and install Windows onto it.
I suspect that there might be something wrong with the hard drive itself, so it's probably best to troubleshoot it from another system. In order to do that you need the HDD's brand-specific diagnostic utility to check the health and SMART status.
Another way to do this from your system is to create a bootable flash drive with the DOS version of their testing utility. It will allow you to check up on the SMART stats without booting into Windows OS.

Hope it works. Keep us posted...
Welcome to the community, @ratz2k!

I believe you got everything setup. If you need further assistance, refer to this tutorial on how to Clean install Windows 8.
Just make sure your old HDD is unplugged from the system's SATA ports while clean installing the OS onto the new drive. Having more than 1 SATA devices connected to the motherboard might result in an OS confusion.
Unplugging your old drive should prevent this from happening. It's also advisable to have a backup of the old data somewhere off-site as well.

Hope this was helpful. :)
Cheers,
SuperSoph_WD

ratz2k

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Hello and thank you for replaying to my post so past i have read the steps on the link you send me but when i get to the advanced windows 8.1 screen i still dont see any on my drive there it is connected for sure its picking it up in bios but not on my windows install i am clicking the mobo driver to install and its just going around in a loop i have been waiting for like over 60 mins to complete any suggestions ?

I'd second @SkyNetRising's suggestion and advise you to make sure you got the latest SATA controller & Chipset driver updates from the mobo manufacturer's official website. If configuring the SATA mode to AHCI didn't help, try resetting BIOS and re-configure the mode to AHCI again.
Another thing that might work is using the Repair My Computer options from the Windows Installation CD and then use the Command Prompt's Diskpart to reformat the HDD.

Hope it will make the HDD pop up properly in the OS installation wizard.
Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

ratz2k

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
I have just try the ACHI in my bios the and the hard drive would get stuck on the windows install screen and i try the diskpart i type list disk and there are no fixed disks to show i dont know what this means

This sounds unfortunate! Have you tried the HDD in another computer, @ratz2k? What about swapping the SATA cable with a different one?
If you don't have access to another PC, you could possibly find another HDD to try and install Windows onto it.
I suspect that there might be something wrong with the hard drive itself, so it's probably best to troubleshoot it from another system. In order to do that you need the HDD's brand-specific diagnostic utility to check the health and SMART status.
Another way to do this from your system is to create a bootable flash drive with the DOS version of their testing utility. It will allow you to check up on the SMART stats without booting into Windows OS.

Hope it works. Keep us posted!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution