[SOLVED] New drive letter created when disk cloned?

Mar 5, 2021
Hello, hello,

So I bought a new SSD to replace my old failing HD, I cloned the old HD to the new SSD. Went into the BIOS, made it boot only from the new SSD and everything looks to be great.

However, when I go into my computer management screen my clone version on the SSD shows a partition with a separate drive letter entirely. So,
1. why did it even decide to assign a new drive letter to the partition? My old HD didn't have one
2. is there any way to get rid of the drive letter assignment b/c it drives me crazy to no end.

Appreciate any thoughts on this. I know just enough about PCs to get myself into trouble, btw (another words, I'm pretty novice so apologies in advance). Picture linked below. Thanks!

https://ibb.co/RCSfwzR

Mar 5, 2021
If you are talking about that e: drive right click on it and select change drive letter and paths and you get a windows were you can select it and choose remove, it will not delete the partition it will just make it not show up in windows.

I can't believe this was so incredibly simple and actually worked without making my PC go haywire...
It feels so simple that it shouldn't have worked. Like sweeping something under a rug or lazily trying to fix something by just deleting and ignoring the problem like it never happened.

Who wouldda thunk it? Thanks to you and rgd1101 - that was REMARKABLY fast. Good day, sirs! :) I'll go facepalm myself and sit in a corner now.