Question new dvd player or tv box?

Sep 26, 2021
I have an old blu-ray player that I use to watch videos from a hard drive. I just got a new 6 TB drive (WD elements), and the old dvd player won't recognize it. It is formatted NTFS. I am not willing to format it in another format that reduces the amount of disk space. I found a cheap new dvd player, but it doesn't even play MP4 files. The dvd player is old and sometimes malfunctions. It is not bad enough yet that I have to replace it.

Should I Just get an android tv box with lots of usb ports? Especially since everything is going to streaming....

kanewolf

Titan
I have an old blu-ray player that I use to watch videos from a hard drive. I just got a new 6 TB drive (WD elements), and the old dvd player won't recognize it. It is formatted NTFS. I am not willing to format it in another format that reduces the amount of disk space. I found a cheap new dvd player, but it doesn't even play MP4 files. The dvd player is old and sometimes malfunctions. It is not bad enough yet that I have to replace it.

Should I Just get an android tv box with lots of usb ports? Especially since everything is going to streaming....
Not all Android TV boxes are created equal. The manufacturer has to be supported by the streaming app provider. For example not all Android TV boxes will play Netflix in 1080p or 4K. Not because they can't output that resolution, but because the Netflix app doesn't accept the security of the box. So to prevent pirating of Netflix content they won't play HD or 4K content through that box. Verify that the streaming services you want are supported at HD or 4K on the box you are thinking about getting.

Sep 26, 2021
I forgot to mention that I have a roku stick, and I use that to watch netflix. I'm talking about hooking a hard drive up to a device that will let me play home video on the tv.