[SOLVED] New edge browser is laggy

babi1987

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
Hi
Since I updated the Edge browser on my PC today morning, I have noticed that the browser is kinda laggy and scrolling is also not smooth. This was not the case earlier. Please suggest a solution. I am on version 1909 Win 10 Pro.

Solution
Any way I could revert back to earlier version of edge?

In order to downgrade Chromium Edge to legacy Edge, you need to uninstall the new browser. Open the Control Panel and click Programs. Click Uninstall a program and from the list of installed apps, look for Microsoft Edge. Select it, and click the Uninstall button. The app will be uninstalled within a few seconds.

Once it has been uninstalled, you can use Windows search to look for Edge and this time, Microsoft Edge should appear in the results. You can launch it from the search results and you can pin it to the Start menu for quicker access. This worked really well but on my system the app’s taskbar icon wasn’t restored after uninstalling Chromium Edge. This likely...

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you download the chromium version?

have you got latest GPU drivers?

Two solutions typically have worked best for Chromium based browsers like Edge, Chrome, Brave.
Even Firefox has recommended these as solutions for their browser. First is check that you have the most current graphics driver for the graphics chipset. Second if that fails to correct the problem try disabling hardware acceleration in the browser through its settings
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ggy-when/c8ce7842-fbd8-4213-b396-eb94b737b7d6

Reactions: babi1987

Colif

Win 11 Master
i just installed it myself, i thought I had 2 days ago but I missed a step - the actual installation. It looks just like chrome, they really didn't change that much... It is hard to guess which is the real Edge below.
ZX4IQDm.jpg

Its one on left.

babi1987

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2013
I had reset the browser settings, however there was no evident difference. As per your suggestions,I tried enabling smooth scrolling, which helped to some extent.
I had used Google Chrome before and these sorts of issues were there also like stuttering while scrolling a page and navigating.

Colif

Win 11 Master

In order to downgrade Chromium Edge to legacy Edge, you need to uninstall the new browser. Open the Control Panel and click Programs. Click Uninstall a program and from the list of installed apps, look for Microsoft Edge. Select it, and click the Uninstall button. The app will be uninstalled within a few seconds.

Once it has been uninstalled, you can use Windows search to look for Edge and this time, Microsoft Edge should appear in the results. You can launch it from the search results and you can pin it to the Start menu for quicker access. This worked really well but on my system the app’s taskbar icon wasn’t restored after uninstalling Chromium Edge. This likely has to do with the fact that the icon has been updated but isn’t replaced/added back when Chromium Edge is uninstalled.

https://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/downgrade-chromium-edge-to-microsoft-edge-on-windows-10/

eventually it will be upgraded again as classic edge is going to vanish.

Solution