New EFiX Module V1.1 Now On the Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekkamanraiden

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
Didn't know that about the gigabyte motherboards. I've has one of these modules in use for months now, and it works great. Unless apple releases a headless imac I'll be building OSX compatible systems with this device for years to come.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Tekkamanraiden[/nom]Didn't know that about the gigabyte motherboards. I've has one of these modules in use for months now, and it works great. Unless apple releases a headless imac I'll be building OSX compatible systems with this device for years to come.[/citation]
Do you use Bonjour? That seems to be the only issue.

kansur0

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
I have been visiting the e-fix site constantly and they are so far behind in putting up compatibility lists. If they truly want to make this product viable they have to get the website up to date. The ATI 4870 for Mac is out in the wilderness and that isn't on the list yet. Mac is notoriously slow to support video cards and that is the one thing they need to stay ahead of in order to make this worthwhile. Granted the money saved in hardware is fairly substantial but if you can't stay ahead of Mac's hardware spec on all levels it makes this product less appealing. GPU acceleration will become just as important as CPU power when Snow Leopard comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.