[SOLVED] New EVGA PSU sparked?

RyanDotDot

Honorable
Nov 18, 2015
New EVGA PSU sparked?

Hello!

I just installed a new EVGA PSU into my main computer today and after doing some cable management I tested it out in my living room, everything spun up perfectly! After carrying it to my game room and getting it setup I tried powering it on but it blinked all RGB / power and then turned off right after. So I switched everything off, re-seated the power cable, and went to turn it on again but this time i seen a small spark inside the PSU case. I again powered everything off and rushed it to the living room to inspect it. There was no smell and seemingly no damage. I carefully inspected all of my connections and re-seated every cable to make sure they were completely in.

It booted up perfectly fine after that, no sparks, no powering down. I carefully brought it back to the game room and now it’s working fine!
In the end of this mini-heart attack I guess my questions are:
  1. What could of caused this kinda spark?
  2. If everything is seemingly fine should I be concerned?
It has a 10 year warranty but I’d still like to be cautious if needed.

Thank you for any help/tips!

Solution
It was probably all the static electricity discharged from carrying your computer all over the house. You got to see in person the " spark" that can ruin your whole pc setup if not grounded properly. Buy a lottery ticket today is your lucky day.

RyanDotDot

Honorable
Nov 18, 2015
It was probably all the static electricity discharged from carrying your computer all over the house. You got to see in person the " spark" that can ruin your whole pc setup if not grounded properly. Buy a lottery ticket today is your lucky day.

Thank you for the quick response!
Would you recommend that I RMA this one and get a new one?

Everything seems to be 100% and performance is fine.