[SOLVED] New EVO 860 problem

PvtSnowball

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015
Hello

I have just bought a new Samsung Evo 860 SSD and reinstalled Win10 on it and I got these results
https://ibb.co/0m9KFPp

The average speed of the 860 is around 500
Whats going on?

Motherboard: P8B75 mlx
GPU: AMD Radeon 390
CPU: I5
RAM : 8 GB 1333Hz

Solution
All new boards use DDR4 ram. Have you run all the windows updates? 10 might find a newer Sata driver.
Is your Bios set for AHCI ? It should be. May be some SATA settings in your Bios, Make sure you have the latest Bios.

popatim

Titan
Are you benchmarking your bootdrive?
The drive may be busy doing other tasks in the background. Ideally you want to boot from another drive and then benchmark.

You also have an old board with no official Intel Win10 drivers so you're at the mercy of whatever windows gives you which often aren't the best.

PvtSnowball

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015
I am buying a new board..
Whats the best budget motherboard that can handle the next 5 years.

I am going to upgrade my ram but prob will stay on DDD3
and will switch to a i7 or ryzen

lynx1021

Distinguished
All new boards use DDR4 ram. Have you run all the windows updates? 10 might find a newer Sata driver.
Is your Bios set for AHCI ? It should be. May be some SATA settings in your Bios, Make sure you have the latest Bios.

Last edited:
Solution

PvtSnowball

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015
It is indeed set to IDE.
If I reinstall Windows (I ve read its necessary) and switch it to AHCI it will fix it ?