New F G H I removable drives under My Computer

Just discovered that along with Local Disk "C", DVD-RW "D" and "CD" E drive.
I now have 4 new "Removable" drives FGHI. Dont know where they came from, but
every time I start or re-start my PC the "SafelyRemove Hardware" icon appears
in the right bottom of my screen. Cant get rid of it, and where did these
removable drives come from??? Please Help................

avispon wrote:
> Just discovered that along with Local Disk "C", DVD-RW "D" and "CD" E drive.
> I now have 4 new "Removable" drives FGHI. Dont know where they came from, but
> every time I start or re-start my PC the "SafelyRemove Hardware" icon appears
> in the right bottom of my screen. Cant get rid of it, and where did these
> removable drives come from??? Please Help................

A 4-drive combination like this sounds very much like one
of the 4-in-1 memory card readers, for 4 different types of
memory cards. Ever installed one and is it still plugged into
an USB port?

Have done nothing to this PC. This just started happening today

"avispon" <avispon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just discovered that along with Local Disk "C", DVD-RW "D" and "CD" E
> drive.
> I now have 4 new "Removable" drives FGHI. Dont know where they came from,
> but
> every time I start or re-start my PC the "SafelyRemove Hardware" icon
> appears
> in the right bottom of my screen. Cant get rid of it, and where did these
> removable drives come from??? Please Help................

Do you have a printer with memory card slots?

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

avispon wrote:
> Have done nothing to this PC. This just started happening today

Looking at the earlier thread and this one, tell us more
about the computer. Who made it? Any model number? What
are its specifications? Anything attached to it and what
are they? What is this computer being used for or built
for what purpose? In the front panel, are there 4 slots?